Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 272840 times)

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #345 on: April 25, 2020, 04:37:47 PM »
Would it be possible to add button to exclude CMCs from list of available Administrator Assignments? I currently have over 30 CMCs active and it kind of clutters the list.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline JuergenSchT

• Leading Rate
« Reply #346 on: April 25, 2020, 04:48:21 PM »
I'm not sure that would be desirable.  CMCs will use the Mining bonus of your administrators (planetary and sector), therefore giving you more minerals for less expenditure if you are purchasing them.
But if you are letting the minerals go to the civilian sector. . .  if you give the CMC an administrator with no Mining bonus, then you will extend the duration time of the mineral deposits. . .  and increase your earnings.

CMCs are also useful for training administrators without creating as many empty colonies on asteroid belts.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #347 on: April 25, 2020, 05:12:11 PM »
I'm not sure that would be desirable.  CMCs will use the Mining bonus of your administrators (planetary and sector), therefore giving you more minerals for less expenditure if you are purchasing them.
But if you are letting the minerals go to the civilian sector. . .  if you give the CMC an administrator with no Mining bonus, then you will extend the duration time of the mineral deposits. . .  and increase your earnings.

CMCs are also useful for training administrators without creating as many empty colonies on asteroid belts.

Thats why I want it to be button same as Eligible Only and Available Only, you can decide yourself if you want to see them.

Offline JuergenSchT

• Leading Rate
« Reply #348 on: April 25, 2020, 07:09:34 PM »
Agreed.
Having an option to filter all unassigned (or assigned) leaders would be nice.

Incidentally, what happened to the production overview window? And the option to do a custom-length increment?

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #349 on: April 25, 2020, 07:14:04 PM »
On that note, a visual indication of what officers are assigned, such as an (A) after their name and/or a colored name would be great as well.

The following users thanked this post: Earthrise, Ri0Rdian

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #350 on: April 25, 2020, 07:25:37 PM »
On the tactical map we can hide Planets, Dwarf Planets, Moons, and Asteroids, but there is no option to hide Comets.  I seem to recall this being available in VB.  Please add this option to C#.

The following users thanked this post: serger, superstrijder15

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #351 on: April 25, 2020, 09:59:56 PM »
That's not very realistic though.  Governments mostly do not own cargo ships.  They contract out most of their needs.

See, that's where you're wrong.  In the Hyborean Empire, only governments own cargo ships.  In the Hexapod Omnivoracity, the hive mind controls everything.  In the JG17i+Violet Connexion, the ships are the citizens and they conduct themselves in an harmonious manner.

In other words, what is "realistic" is determined by the fiction, not the other way around.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, superstrijder15, Ri0Rdian

Offline Pedroig

• Lt. Commander
  • P
« Reply #352 on: April 26, 2020, 07:07:52 AM »
That's not very realistic though.  Governments mostly do not own cargo ships.  They contract out most of their needs.

See, that's where you're wrong.  In the Hyborean Empire, only governments own cargo ships.  In the Hexapod Omnivoracity, the hive mind controls everything.  In the JG17i+Violet Connexion, the ships are the citizens and they conduct themselves in an harmonious manner.

In other words, what is "realistic" is determined by the fiction, not the other way around.

Seems like there is a checkbox to not allow civilian shipping at all to provide for those scenarios.
si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #353 on: April 26, 2020, 11:34:53 AM »
Medals

In the medal screen , I only see the facility to show and award ribbons , rather than medals ( as shown in Steve's post of June 23rd 2019 - C# Changes list ) . The screen has changed since this post but could we have the ability to award and show actual medals rather than just ribbons - ribbons don't mean as much as whern seeing a medal.

DavidR

Offline Pedroig

• Lt. Commander
  • P
« Reply #354 on: April 26, 2020, 11:55:36 AM »
Medals

In the medal screen , I only see the facility to show and award ribbons , rather than medals ( as shown in Steve's post of June 23rd 2019 - C# Changes list ) . The screen has changed since this post but could we have the ability to award and show actual medals rather than just ribbons - ribbons don't mean as much as whern seeing a medal.

DavidR

Medals are now ribbons.  And in the military EVERY medal has a ribbon which is associated with it, a Purple Heart is an award, it is displayed as a medal on class A's and a ribbon on class B's, even the CMH has a ribbon.  This just cleans up the UI and makes it a standardized "ribbon board" for display. Priority levels will determine placement.
si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #355 on: April 26, 2020, 12:42:38 PM »
Separate the research modifier at game setup into "Research" and "Racial Tech". I want to make researching a tech like Ion Engines in my next game expensive, but I want designing individual ion engines be rather cheap to develop.

Offline Sara

• Leading Rate
  • S
Another Sort Function in Economics -> Research
« Reply #356 on: April 26, 2020, 02:07:37 PM »
I wish i could sort  the research that is beeing done as "per field" - with the same Sorting as in the research drop done.

Reason:
- it would keep better track of how many projects you are currently running in a specific field (and queued as well)
- makes finding the one you are looking for easier to spot

Sincerely

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, JacenHan, SpikeTheHobbitMage, Earthrise

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
Re: Another Sort Function in Economics -> Research
« Reply #357 on: April 26, 2020, 03:51:28 PM »
I wish i could sort  the research that is beeing done as "per field" - with the same Sorting as in the research drop done.

Reason:
- it would keep better track of how many projects you are currently running in a specific field (and queued as well)
- makes finding the one you are looking for easier to spot

Sincerely

I currently have exactly 45 separate projects and would like this as well.

Offline Doren

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #358 on: April 27, 2020, 01:04:52 AM »
"Upgrade" button to ground forces formation templates which would auto create a unit research of currently selected unit class but with current level of racial weapon and armour tech

Offline SevenOfCarina

• Lieutenant
« Reply #359 on: April 27, 2020, 01:22:23 AM »
It would be nice if missile warheads gained efficiency with increasing size, like reactors and shields. It would mean larger missiles would actually do useful damage as barely 10-20% of a salvo actually makes it past missile defences, and it's still always better to use more numerous smaller missiles.

The following users thanked this post: mike2R