Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 272861 times)

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #375 on: April 28, 2020, 04:18:36 PM »

I don't mean mineral deposits, I mean the mineral stockpile of an empire. being able to SM mod mineral stocks and wealth makes RP trades between player empires possible.

You can set stockpile in SM as well. Go to Mining tab in Economics - now you need to untick Double-click Sets Reserve Amount. Now if you double-click on Mineral, you can set a stockpile.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #376 on: April 28, 2020, 04:31:05 PM »
An easier function to exchange a researcher for all of his projects (the one he is working on and all his queued ones).

Edit: When a researcher dies his projects are terminated. Maybe you can exchange him against an "unknown nobody" which is very slow in research; but his queue-data isn't deleted. Then you can exchange the "unknown nobody" against a new researcher and don't have to requeue everything.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 11:36:43 PM by TMaekler »

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #377 on: April 29, 2020, 05:15:47 AM »
Can we have an option to select what is auto assigned? I would like to have Admin Commands also be auto assigned.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, kylofon, Cosinus, Mr Monnix

Offline Mr Monnix

• Leading Rate
  • M
« Reply #378 on: April 29, 2020, 05:30:46 AM »
It would be nice include a autoturn interruption message for when a Naval Admin, Governor or  Academy chairman gets de-assigned from his role , i m playing a conventional start with a really low tech research rate and because a lot of in-game time pass by, i have to check each interruption, if  all the positions are still covered, which is really annoying if you have to do it every 5 minutes and find out that half of them are empty. 
I know that in a normal game it wouldn't be so recurrent because the in-game time pass by at a slower rate but the player is still not aware if all his arrangements are valid with the passing of time unless he checks manually, even if he uses the autometed assignments which doesn't work with those positions.  (the turns are so fast that those messages get overlooked in the event window)

also if the Civilian ships could be excluded in the pop up window when you right click on the tactical map would be a nice ui improvement because 99. 9% that function is useless on your Homeword (where you usually park your fleet) due to the clutter created by the hundreds of Civ FT and CS in that spot.

Steve thanks for all the time and work you put in this game, and for sharing it with us.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, kylofon

Offline Eretzu

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • E
« Reply #379 on: April 29, 2020, 06:13:15 AM »
In shipyard, the use components checkbox should be marked by default.

I think it is more often you want to use the components so it should be default.

Offline Eretzu

• E
« Reply #380 on: April 29, 2020, 06:16:30 AM »
Remove crew quarters from component list (at least the addition side).

Since crew quarters are now always handled automatically, they serve no purpose in the component list.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, papent, Earthrise, Ahmedok

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #381 on: April 29, 2020, 06:27:25 AM »
Default Colors for Fleet Movement Orders. It always takes the eye a moment to find the right command. If I could highlight those whom I use most, that would be a nice QoL. Same for the Events Window, talking about the Event text: For example the text for "Maintenance Problem" is quite long and takes a moment to spot how much MSP has been used and how much is still in the ship. If these numbers would be color highlighted, again nice QoL :-)

Offline Eretzu

• E
« Reply #382 on: April 29, 2020, 06:28:57 AM »
Colors to events in system window.

As we can now color events in events window, it would be nice that those colors would be shown in main screen also.

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #383 on: April 29, 2020, 06:46:11 AM »
Speaking of coloured events, it would be great if that could be global rather than per game - set them up, and all subsequent games on that db share the same ones.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #384 on: April 29, 2020, 07:25:49 AM »
Speaking of coloured events, it would be great if that could be global rather than per game - set them up, and all subsequent games on that db share the same ones.

Yes, yes, yes, please.

Offline Cedras

• Leading Rate
  • C
  • Discord Username: Cedras
« Reply #385 on: April 29, 2020, 07:39:10 AM »
Infantry transport module

Currently there is no way to create mechanized/armored infantry units.  Mechanized/armored infantry uses armored personnel carriers and infantry fighting vehicles to gain a degree of protection and mobility on the battlefield.  Adding armor to infantry does not make a lot of sense since aurora ground combat phases take 8 hours during which infantry would fight dismounted.  However, mobility could be implemented through a module that removes the 0. 5 breakthrough modifier from a set number of infantry units per module. 

Offline Earthrise

• 33014th Penal Battalion - Potwasher 4th Class
  • Leading Rate
  • E
« Reply #386 on: April 29, 2020, 08:07:43 AM »
I would like to suggest a small quality-of-life improvement:

On the research screen, would it be possible to show the number of current research projects, and the number of queued research projects? Ideally in a format like '20/18'.

This would allow a rapid check to see that all research projects have a queued research project, thus making it unnecessary to constantly count these things if, like me, you can't bear the thought of wasted research points, probably otherwise known as borderline OCD  :)
Old soldiers never die, they just play Aurora

Offline Pedroig

• Lt. Commander
  • P
« Reply #387 on: April 29, 2020, 08:08:20 AM »

Currently there is no way to create mechanized/armored infantry units.  Mechanized/armored infantry uses armored personnel carriers and infantry fighting vehicles to gain a degree of protection and mobility on the battlefield.  Adding armor to infantry does not make a lot of sense since aurora ground combat phases take 8 hours during which infantry would fight dismounted.  However, mobility could be implemented through a module that removes the 0. 5 breakthrough modifier from a set number of infantry units per module.

Not sure I'm following you here.  You can put Vehicles into an Infantry formation.  As you stated, the infantry themselves would fight dismounted.  And in modern doctrine, those vehicles act as fire support platforms to support the dismounted infantry.  Motorized/Mechanized Infantry don't really breakthrough, they just can get from point A to B quicker, but they cannot fight in a battle from point A to point B quicker than regular leg infantry, because of the dismount doctrine which comes from weight of fire advantages of being dismounted.  Where do you see/find a "breakthrough modifier" for anything?  I've had static units "breakthrough" when their formation is set to Front Line Attack.
si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #388 on: April 29, 2020, 08:19:30 AM »
On the Naval Organization screen, change the text color of admin commands based on the assignment status:
No commander assigned = Yellow
Commander of insufficient rank assigned = Red
Commander of sufficient rank assigned = Green (current color)

The following users thanked this post: kylofon

Offline Cedras

• Leading Rate
  • C
  • Discord Username: Cedras
« Reply #389 on: April 29, 2020, 08:29:20 AM »
Quote from: Pedroig link=topic=10640.   msg129076#msg129076 date=1588165700
Quote from: Cedras link=topic=10640.   msg129069#msg129069 date=1588163950

Currently there is no way to create mechanized/armored infantry units.     Mechanized/armored infantry uses armored personnel carriers and infantry fighting vehicles to gain a degree of protection and mobility on the battlefield.     Adding armor to infantry does not make a lot of sense since aurora ground combat phases take 8 hours during which infantry would fight dismounted.     However, mobility could be implemented through a module that removes the 0.    5 breakthrough modifier from a set number of infantry units per module.   

Not sure I'm following you here.     You can put Vehicles into an Infantry formation.     As you stated, the infantry themselves would fight dismounted.     And in modern doctrine, those vehicles act as fire support platforms to support the dismounted infantry.     Motorized/Mechanized Infantry don't really breakthrough, they just can get from point A to B quicker, but they cannot fight in a battle from point A to point B quicker than regular leg infantry, because of the dismount doctrine which comes from weight of fire advantages of being dismounted.     Where do you see/find a "breakthrough modifier" for anything?  I've had static units "breakthrough" when their formation is set to Front Line Attack.   
The idea is that they can keep up with the tanks.    Obviously not trucks (motorized), maybe APCs (mechanized) but IFVs (armored) are designed to do that.   Infantry would dismount when necessary.   The breakthroughs are explained here http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg109786#msg109786 (Base Ground Combat Rules in C# Aurora Changes List)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 11:10:19 AM by Cedras »