Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 272821 times)

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #405 on: April 30, 2020, 09:50:17 PM »
hey everyone,
i wonder if there will be possible ground based missile silos (something like in old Aurora PDC with missile launchers).  In my opinion its kinda advantageous on real life to have cheap and immobile, big rockets silos instead of expensive mobile ones (in case of aurora orbital stations/platforms with basically only launchers and magazines).  I know there is STU available but so far i was unable to arm those with launchers, so i can imagine this feature is not planned?

It is not.  Ground-based missiles were deliberately removed for C# Aurora, so don't expect them back any time soon.

Offline Neophyte

• Gold Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #406 on: May 01, 2020, 12:41:29 AM »
Rename either maintenance supplies (MSP) OR missile size points (MSP) to prevent confusion to new players.

Watching a stream I've already seen someone make a supply ship intended to transfer MSPs (using cargo shuttles) with an added unnecessary ordinance transfer system, which lists ordnance transfer in MSPs/hr (for missiles obviously).  The ship didn't have a magazine so it isn't intended as a collier.

Regardless, it's pretty confusing if you're new and honestly I'm surprised I didn't get confused myself in VB6.  Or maybe I did and forgot!

A simple renaming of either (Repair Supply Points?  Missile Total Size? etc.) to change the acronyms hopefully wouldn't be that complicated.

The following users thanked this post: JuergenSchT

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #407 on: May 01, 2020, 12:51:01 AM »
With left click on any system body you can center the view on that body. However the center point is calculated by screen size, not the size of the window. Would be nice if it would center the view dependent on the size of your window.

The following users thanked this post: punchkid, Second Foundationer

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #408 on: May 01, 2020, 01:52:09 AM »
Considering how large tidal lock zone is for stars in the game (for Sol like stars is it 100-120 million kilometres, for some reason it varies from star to star even though said stars are identical) and considering that in reality tidal lock is actually time dependant (meaning young systems wouldn't have any) please give us an option to remove (or add) it via SM mode.

Edit:
If the graph on this site is correct: https://physics.stackexchange.com/questions/12541/tidal-lock-radius-in-habitable-zones
then the tidal lock zones around the stars are really too large. For Sol it should be just beyond Mercury so about 60-70 million kilometres and for a star half as massive it should be 0.3-0.4 AU or about 45-60 million kilometres. From the admittedly limited testing I've done it seems pretty much all the stars have tidal lock zone stretching out to over 80 million kilometres.

Edit 2: It would also be nice if we could do some things to gas tolerances. I'm creating a race of supped up cyborgs that can live pretty much anywhere and the game allows me to do that. No atmosphere at all? No problem. Temperature of -100C? No problem. Radiation? No problem. Gravity of 0.0001 g? No problem. That 0.01ppm of oxygen constitutes 31% of the atmosphere? Well, we can't live on that! And God forbid there is 0.0001 of fluorine.

Being a little more serious I do realise that this would require a significant amount of work most likely and fortunately thanks to the SM mode I can pretty much simulate this by SMing atmospheres. Even so it does make it difficult to create races that are less human especially since there is no longer an option to breathe methane. Which I would also love to have back by the way.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 03:28:37 AM by Haji »

The following users thanked this post: JuergenSchT

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #409 on: May 01, 2020, 02:49:05 AM »
Civilian Mining: It really can cripple your economy if you buy minerals from the civilian - and they have so much fun that they increase the numbers of their mining facilities in rapid succession. Some kind of option to limit their numbers would be nice... .

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #410 on: May 01, 2020, 03:28:19 AM »
Civilian Mining: It really can cripple your economy if you buy minerals from the civilian - and they have so much fun that they increase the numbers of their mining facilities in rapid succession. Some kind of option to limit their numbers would be nice... .
An option to ban CMCs like the option to ban CGMs?

In the meantime the same workaround as was in VB (putting your own colony on every world with minerals) mostly works, except that finding minerals isn't an interrupt so if your turn length is too long or you run autoturns the civvies can get in ahead of you.

On that note, while I know some people don't want minerals to be an interrupt, others do.  Could this maybe be an option?  Or a more general system to let players decide which events cause interrupts?

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #411 on: May 01, 2020, 05:26:31 AM »
No, I am generally fine when the civilians do mining. I have blocked some which I want to do myself, but they can do the rest. No worries. I just had the case of having 4 civilian mining stations within like 6 month increasing their numbers from 1 to 3 or 4 - so "suddenly" I had to pay some 2.500 wealth for them. So some kind of: Civilian mining wants to increase their mines from 1 to 2. Allowed (y)es/(n)o would have been nice, so I could have some control over it.

I temporarily switched some of them to "tax civilian mining" - though I could use the minerals. Well, If you have no economy, no minerals are worth anything  ;D

Offline SevenOfCarina

• Lieutenant
« Reply #412 on: May 01, 2020, 06:25:01 AM »
This is just a minor request, but could the medal criteria be changed from 'destroyed X tons of hostile shipping' to 'destroyed X times own command's tonnage of hostile ships'? It's kind of annoying when Commodore A gets meritorious service medals for slaughtering 10,000 tons of enemy gunboats while in command of a 15,000 ton battleship, but the plucky Commander B who took down a 5,000 ton enemy cruiser while in command of a tiny 1,000 ton destroyer gets absolutely no recognition at all.

Offline Cosinus

• C
« Reply #413 on: May 01, 2020, 08:16:03 AM »
QOL:
When Civilians scrap a ship, this uses the same Event as when a player scraps a ship ("Ship scrapped") and interrupts auto turns.
Scrapped civilian ships should use a different event and not stop auto turns.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, mike2R, Napier

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #414 on: May 01, 2020, 08:21:54 AM »
I would like a way to add or subtract from total racial wealth.

Offline AlStar

• Lieutenant
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #415 on: May 01, 2020, 11:15:32 AM »
The default order caused by double clicking on a JP in Movement Orders should be "Standard Transit", not an error message.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, db48x, mike2R, JuergenSchT, skoormit

Offline kenlon

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • k
« Reply #416 on: May 01, 2020, 11:40:19 AM »
Would it be possible to get an option to log the same data as the events window to a file so we can parse it with various tools?

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, skoormit

Offline Tyrope

• Leading Rate
« Reply #417 on: May 02, 2020, 03:25:09 AM »
I had the idea for a seed ship (A single ship that's capable of kickstarting a colony).  This can be done with various TN buildings, but Conventional Industry would be a perfect cargo-space saver for these things.

To the point then: TN empires should be able to build Conventional Industry.

The following users thanked this post: JuergenSchT, skoormit

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #418 on: May 02, 2020, 04:18:36 AM »
Rename either maintenance supplies (MSP) OR missile size points (MSP) to prevent confusion to new players.

. . .

Regardless, it's pretty confusing if you're new and honestly I'm surprised I didn't get confused myself in VB6.  Or maybe I did and forgot!

There's a reason it's among the Top 5 most frequently asked questions for VB Aurora.

Personally, I'd prefer dumping MSP (that's Missile Size Points) altogether and using only "tons" to designate the size/displacement of missile components.  That would leave MSP as Maintenance Supply Points only (though I wouldn't mind dropping the "Points" part of that initialism -- "Maintenance Supplies" sounds much more appropriate to my fiction).

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, db48x, DIT_grue, mike2R, smoelf, JuergenSchT, Earthrise, Migi

Offline Eretzu

• E
« Reply #419 on: May 02, 2020, 04:30:16 AM »
When choosing ship in Logistic Report (In Naval Organisation Window) It would be nice if it highlighted the whole row. Then it is easier to see exactly which ship has low maintenance or fuel.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit