Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 272822 times)

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #480 on: May 05, 2020, 11:21:24 AM »
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but my survey FACs and carriers are really missing a "Refuel from Tanker" conditional order. 

As an aside, the "Refuel from Colony or Hub" does not count local tankers with Refueling Systems if it should.

Refueling Hub is different component from Refueling System so Refuel from Colony or Hub should only work for ships with Refueling Hub system that is 100000 tons, not very useful for normal tankers.

I agree that Refuel from Tanker order would be welcome, but there may be problem with the fact that tanker can only refuel 1 ship at a time. So there could be problem when more ships arrive at once and that's why we don't have this command?

The following users thanked this post: clew

Offline clew

• Leading Rate
  • c
« Reply #481 on: May 05, 2020, 05:54:22 PM »
Quote from: Black link=topic=10640. msg130966#msg130966 date=1588695684
Quote from: clew link=topic=10640. msg130956#msg130956 date=1588693216
I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but my survey FACs and carriers are really missing a "Refuel from Tanker" conditional order.   

As an aside, the "Refuel from Colony or Hub" does not count local tankers with Refueling Systems if it should.

Refueling Hub is different component from Refueling System so Refuel from Colony or Hub should only work for ships with Refueling Hub system that is 100000 tons, not very useful for normal tankers.

I agree that Refuel from Tanker order would be welcome, but there may be problem with the fact that tanker can only refuel 1 ship at a time.  So there could be problem when more ships arrive at once and that's why we don't have this command?

That’s what I figured, thanks for clarifying.

As far as I can tell, if multiple ships have the refuel order simultaneously and are all on the tanker, they just queue up and refuel one at a time.  That’s been my experience with my survey FACs so far.

Offline consiefe

• Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #482 on: May 05, 2020, 08:17:21 PM »
Hi fellows, I'm never getting tired of this great game.   In v1.  80 I created a game and still continue playing it.   It was rather calm as I was doing empire management and slowly building an advanced fleet.   I stumbled upon some precursors and with a few attemps I got close their ships and tore them apart with my 35kt cruisers.   What's bothering me is after I grouped up and come back to wipe clean the system I found all ships camped on the planet and after I swat their size5 ASMs they spammed me with size 1s.   

Actually I made a few save scumming to clarify the situation and oh boy was it annoying.   I really have good gauss turret and some beam pds, few on all ships plus dedicated pd ships plus dedicated AMMs 50k speed.   The size 1 missile spam was so intense when I cheesed my way between two points in an out of range with my fleet actually a real hour passed by and I got frustrated.   They camped all their big ass, like 20k-30k ships and they do nothing but size 1 spam.   One class of their ships has 66x size1 launchers.   It seemed impossible to overcome this nuisance.   

I'm not so experienced in Aurora but I feel I am decent.   I don't know if this is something to look at as an issue but it seemed a bit cheesy to fire 1m size1 amm spams.   My 100 shielded 10 armored 4x8 gaussed 4 cruisers and 4 destroyers plus quad laser turretted ships plus amm ships plus 12k+speedy beam ships, none survives the encounter to close the distance.   With so expensive fleet I didn't get to fire single ammo lol! :)

Edit:

I can always give the same medicine to them as I am more than capable to make 50kt amm spam ship(s) but I really don't want to do that as I don't like that kind of fight.  I can really not think of any other solution than making a ship and a missile just to defeat them as no matter how many PDs I have it doesn't seem to cut it off.  Out of 400-500dmg I eat ~200 of them in one salvo.  No need to say it's very hard on all kinds of PD systems as they have 68k size1 AMMs.  Either a response expressing this is the normal course and behaviour of the enemy AI to deal with it or acknowledging this as an unintended behaviour would be welcomed.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2020, 10:00:06 PM by consiefe »

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #483 on: May 06, 2020, 03:31:52 AM »
Hi fellows, I'm never getting tired of this great game. . .

So you would prefer doomed ships die quietly with missiles aboard rather than fire off everything they have in a last-ditch attempt to take a few enemies with them?

Do you also wish this behaviour to apply to your own vessels?  Should Aurora skip the battles entirely and simply tell you who won based on tonnage & technology?

Have you gone far enough to witness ramming attempts, yet?

- - - - -

Yes, it can sometimes be annoying to deal with the decisions the AI makes.  Live with it.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #484 on: May 06, 2020, 03:32:17 AM »
The range a tug can operate largely depends upon the tonnage it carries. There is no way to determine the range though. Would be nice to have something that makes it visible how much the range is reduced, once you tug something.

Offline UberWaffe

• Chief Petty Officer
  • U
« Reply #485 on: May 06, 2020, 06:01:26 AM »
tl;dr
Change tidal lock of planet into colony cost (from current 0.2 multiplier to maximum population).

Detailed
Instead of directly affecting maximum population of a planet, it is instead treated as a x5 colony cost multiplier.
This is an additional modifier (like "Water Available"or Ätmospheric Pressure" under the environment tab), that is 0.0 for planets that are not tidal locked, and x5 for planets that are.

A new research chain Environmental Processing (Biology) reduces this number (x5.0) for tidal locked planets.
The research should bring it down to around x2.0 in the end.
I.e. a tidal locked planet doesn't have a reduced maximum population, but even if fully terraformed in all other aspects, will still require infrastructure for the population to survive.

Reasoning:
It gives the player some means of overcoming the effect of tidal locking.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #486 on: May 06, 2020, 06:55:44 AM »
The range a tug can operate largely depends upon the tonnage it carries. There is no way to determine the range though. Would be nice to have something that makes it visible how much the range is reduced, once you tug something.

What do you have to multiply the weight of the tug by to get the weight of the towed ship?
Add one to that.
That is your range ratio; divide the tugs unladen range by it and you have your laden range for that tonnage.

For example, my 50kt tugs have a range of 200bkm.
They often tow 250kt mining platforms.
250kt is 50kt times 5.
5 + 1 is 6.
200bkm / 6 is 33.33bkm.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #487 on: May 06, 2020, 07:41:30 AM »

What do you have to multiply the weight of the tug by to get the weight of the towed ship?
Add one to that.
That is your range ratio; divide the tugs unladen range by it and you have your laden range for that tonnage.

250kt is 50kt times 5.
5 + 1 is 6.
200bkm / 6 is 33.33bkm.

Or, to simplify the math:

mass of tug + mass of payload
-----------------------------------   =   factor by which range of tug needs to be divided
mass of tug
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 07:43:27 AM by Father Tim »

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #488 on: May 06, 2020, 09:05:48 AM »
It would be nice if an open galaxy map window updated automatically when time advances.  I find I like running from there a lot of the time, but its a minor irritation to have to click refresh to see icons update, or newly discovered systems appear.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #489 on: May 06, 2020, 10:10:25 AM »
It would be nice if an open galaxy map window updated automatically when time advances.  I find I like running from there a lot of the time, but its a minor irritation to have to click refresh to see icons update, or newly discovered systems appear.

True, but keep in mind that every auto-refresh of an open window adds a little bit of time to the execution of auto-turns.
Unless Steve can refactor it so that auto-refreshing only happens after auto-turns is interrupted.

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #490 on: May 06, 2020, 10:33:29 AM »

True, but keep in mind that every auto-refresh of an open window adds a little bit of time to the execution of auto-turns.
Unless Steve can refactor it so that auto-refreshing only happens after auto-turns is interrupted.

Assuming that this is only true if the window is open, I'm not sure that's a problem really.  If you have it open, you're likely willing to take a small hit to have it up to date.  I'd even say refresh during autoturns would be preferable, so you can watch changes as they happen.

Or maybe people with more monitors than I do just leave it open permanently?  I guess that could be an issue.  It shares a monitor with the system map for me, so I only have it open if I'm using it.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #491 on: May 06, 2020, 11:37:36 AM »

Add one to that.

250kt is 50kt times 5.
5 + 1 is 6.
200bkm / 6 is 33.33bkm.
Yes, and some place in the fleet display where this "shorter range" is displayed. Maybe even more. At the moment the ship tugs onto something it calculates the distance to the given target until unlinking and sends a log entry: cannot reach destination with current tug load. Fuel too low :-)

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #492 on: May 06, 2020, 02:22:58 PM »

Yes, and some place in the fleet display where this "shorter range" is displayed. Maybe even more. At the moment the ship tugs onto something it calculates the distance to the given target until unlinking and sends a log entry: cannot reach destination with current tug load. Fuel too low :-)

Actually, I'd love to see any display of fuel range on the fleet details tab. Right now I have to go down to the ship level to see current range.

The following users thanked this post: smoelf

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #493 on: May 06, 2020, 02:35:03 PM »
It would be neat to have some sort of marker in the dropdown list of systems in the mineral search view to indicate which systems contain either normal or populated colonies. It could be either color or a '(C)' after the system's name. That way it will be much easier to quickly find and search those systems which are of interest. Especially since remembering which Luyten I have a colony in can be a bit of a pain.

Offline Shodan13

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #494 on: May 06, 2020, 02:42:01 PM »
ELINT module should be something you build using EM Sensor Sensitivity, it makes no sense that you have to research it separately, but it uses the same tech.

The following users thanked this post: serger