Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 272796 times)

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
Galaxy Map Zooming
« Reply #600 on: May 16, 2020, 01:49:10 PM »
Please Steve this one would just help so much, please allow either mouse wheel scrolling or scrolling with buttons (anything is better than now) to the galaxy map as it would make life so much easier in the mid-lategame especially for AARs when you are trying to show off the galaxy, for you it tends to be fine cause you have a really big monitor but for others like me it is quite hard.

The following users thanked this post: Kristover, amram, mike2R, smoelf, JuergenSchT, twice2double, Second Foundationer

Offline stabliser

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #601 on: May 16, 2020, 08:09:19 PM »
I'd like it to be easier to see what body the Cives have setup a CMC on. Once they change the name. its not easy to tell if its a comet or an asteroid or a moon. A knockon effect from that makes it harder to prioritise administrators.

You can click one of the bottom chechboxes to enable system body name next to CMCs.

I had clicked that numerous times and never noticed that it had that effect. Thank you.  Theres still a lot to learn.

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #602 on: May 17, 2020, 03:20:57 AM »
I would really like a "blast anything that comes through that jump point" order right now - it feels like without it, I'm at an unfair disadvantage to the AI.

I'm camping a JP with a jump gate in both directions (so no jump cool down), and the AI is doing the same (or at least had a fleet there last time I poked through).  The AI keeps sticking some ships through the gate, then jumping straight back.  Which doesn't give me time to target them - they appear, I set up targeting and give the open fire command, and they vanish without me firing.  Since they have been doing this repeatedly with the same ships, if I leave the targeting orders in place, I do get to blast them as soon as they appear if they jump through the ships I have already set up targeting for.  But this spams my logs with target not in range reports.  And only works the second time they jump through with the same fleet (which they probably shouldn't be doing anyway - if they didn't like what was here the first time they jumped, they probably shouldn't do it again 6 hours later).

If I jump through, I just get blasted - presumably the AI sets up firing in the same tick.  I'd really like a way to set my ships to use this logic too. 

Or I suppose ideally, have the firing moved ahead of the jumping in the turn order, so I could get a shot at them normally on the turn they jump.  But I imagine messing with turn order involves a lot of other changes.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Galaxy Map Zooming
« Reply #603 on: May 17, 2020, 02:43:42 PM »
Please Steve this one would just help so much, please allow either mouse wheel scrolling or scrolling with buttons (anything is better than now) to the galaxy map as it would make life so much easier in the mid-lategame especially for AARs when you are trying to show off the galaxy, for you it tends to be fine cause you have a really big monitor but for others like me it is quite hard.

Does right-click-drag not work on the Galactic map like it does on the Tactical map?

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #604 on: May 17, 2020, 02:49:47 PM »

Does right-click-drag not work on the Galactic map like it does on the Tactical map?

Right-click drag does nothing in either map, so unless you mean left click drag which is just to move around then yes thats in, but that does not allow you to zoom out fully to see the entire map on 1 screen

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #605 on: May 17, 2020, 05:18:07 PM »
Right-click drag does nothing in either map, so unless you mean left click drag which is just to move around then yes thats in, but that does not allow you to zoom out fully to see the entire map on 1 screen

Yes, sorry.  I meant left-click drag to move around.  As far as I know, the galactic map is not zoomable in any way.  It exists at a fixed number of pixels.

Offline JacenHan

• Captain
  • Discord Username: Jacenhan
« Reply #606 on: May 17, 2020, 06:02:51 PM »
Yes, sorry.  I meant left-click drag to move around.  As far as I know, the galactic map is not zoomable in any way.  It exists at a fixed number of pixels.
Hence his suggestion :).

I believe Steve has previously mentioned Galaxy Map zooming as one of the QoL features that fell through the cracks for the C# release, so we can probably expect it to return at some point.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #607 on: May 18, 2020, 01:33:00 PM »
Not sure if this was suggested before.

I would like to have option to hide Habitable-Range Worlds on Galactic Maps that already have my population.

Currently when I select checkbox for Habitable it shows 7 Habitable-Range Worlds in Sol, but they already have colonies and I can use Populated systems checkbox to show me where my population centers are.

I would prefere option to show only Habitables without population so I can plan my next expansion by looking at Galactic map.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, skoormit

Offline endemicslaughter

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • e
« Reply #608 on: May 18, 2020, 01:41:08 PM »
Quote from: mike2R link=topic=10640. msg133483#msg133483 date=1589703657
I would really like a "blast anything that comes through that jump point" order right now - it feels like without it, I'm at an unfair disadvantage to the AI.

I'm camping a JP with a jump gate in both directions (so no jump cool down), and the AI is doing the same (or at least had a fleet there last time I poked through).   The AI keeps sticking some ships through the gate, then jumping straight back.   Which doesn't give me time to target them - they appear, I set up targeting and give the open fire command, and they vanish without me firing.   Since they have been doing this repeatedly with the same ships, if I leave the targeting orders in place, I do get to blast them as soon as they appear if they jump through the ships I have already set up targeting for.   But this spams my logs with target not in range reports.   And only works the second time they jump through with the same fleet (which they probably shouldn't be doing anyway - if they didn't like what was here the first time they jumped, they probably shouldn't do it again 6 hours later).

If I jump through, I just get blasted - presumably the AI sets up firing in the same tick.   I'd really like a way to set my ships to use this logic too.   

Or I suppose ideally, have the firing moved ahead of the jumping in the turn order, so I could get a shot at them normally on the turn they jump.   But I imagine messing with turn order involves a lot of other changes.

That would be absolutely fantastic

Offline Ulzgoroth

• Captain
  • U
« Reply #609 on: May 18, 2020, 01:51:51 PM »
Are they supposed to be able to jump back out the tick after they jump in? That part seems weird.

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #610 on: May 19, 2020, 01:58:15 AM »
It sounds like they are backing out the following tick, for a total of one tick in the system.

I believe its technically possible due to the lack of jump shock since the point is stabalized.  (i have not personally checked if stabalized points actually have that characteristic yet)

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #611 on: May 19, 2020, 02:53:07 AM »
1) Implement production tasks with some preparational time and minimal production time (both proportional to BP/RP) for any production and research, in the same way as it works with shipyards.
2) Make production be parallel, if there is more summary factory/reasearch capability allocated, that it can be used to hasten task, considering minimal production/research cycle (preparational time + minimal production time) for this task with current construction tech + admin and/or research leaders skills.
3) Spawn researchers with lesser max labs skill - ideally with starting 1 max lab only.

It will bring following advantages:

1. Less micromanagement requirement with finished production/research, because there will be no more one-by-one trickles of results: nigh-any small production/research will be finished by consignments and we'll manage it by consignments too.
2. Less micromanagement requirement with production/research planning, because if you plan some small production line - this algorithm will calculate max factory size to build this consignment, in the same way as it works with scientist max labs quantity, so you can fill your production capacity with tasks without micromanagement burden. If you have some surplus - you always have an option to load it with some low priority considerable production plan.
3. Less micromanagement temptation-and-exhaustion, because you just cannot build/research things one by one quickly, and so you have to allot your resources as long-time plans and let it do as planned.

I think it combines realism (story-building comfort) with comfort of minimax-style play.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 02:57:14 AM by serger »

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #612 on: May 19, 2020, 05:03:28 AM »
Are they supposed to be able to jump back out the tick after they jump in? That part seems weird.

I'm not entirely sure, but I can do it too, so I assume it is WAI on a stabilised jump point.  Weapons do seem to get a cool down however.

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #613 on: May 19, 2020, 05:23:28 AM »
Rename "Fleets" to "Task Groups". Because there are task groups, not fleets.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #614 on: May 19, 2020, 06:49:52 AM »
Decouple the research rate of technology from the research rate of designed systems, and allow them to be set separately.
That way I can play my 20% research rate game without also needing five times as long to research each new engine.

The following users thanked this post: amram, mike2R, JuergenSchT, Second Foundationer