Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 272851 times)

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #750 on: June 18, 2020, 06:45:28 AM »
Moving around jump points for strategic reasons. Since we are capable of stabilizing them, maybe jump points can be relocated as long as they are unstable. So before you stabilize one you can think about if they can be moved around to make the system potentially more save or if a transit system move the jps closer together... .

Two limiting factors: the more you want to move them the exponentially expensive it should be. Additionally on the costs it should become even more expensive if you come too close to another JP.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #751 on: June 18, 2020, 08:11:10 AM »
Implement small craft Refuelling System, Shuttle Bay, and Ordnance Transfer System components at 1/10 size for 1/5 cost and with 1/20 of the capacity of their full sized counterparts.  Please consider fighter scale (1/100 size, 1/25 cost, 1/400 capacity) as well.

I agree with this.

Sidenote: it seems you can make such components available by adding the appropriate records to a single table in the database. That won't cause civvies, NPRs, or spoilers to use them, but they will be available for your own use.

The following users thanked this post: Gabrote42

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #752 on: June 18, 2020, 01:40:49 PM »
Implement small craft Refuelling System, Shuttle Bay, and Ordnance Transfer System components at 1/10 size for 1/5 cost and with 1/20 of the capacity of their full sized counterparts.  Please consider fighter scale (1/100 size, 1/25 cost, 1/400 capacity) as well.

I agree with this.

Sidenote: it seems you can make such components available by adding the appropriate records to a single table in the database. That won't cause civvies, NPRs, or spoilers to use them, but they will be available for your own use.
This is true, but Steve has asked us not to mod, and I do try to respect that.  Cheers.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #753 on: June 18, 2020, 07:35:33 PM »

I agree with this.

This is true, but Steve has asked us not to mod, and I do try to respect that.  Cheers.

Making changes to the database is not what is meant with "modding" the game.... that is all about changing the exe file and tinkering with the code.

Offline liveware

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
« Reply #754 on: June 18, 2020, 08:28:30 PM »
Moving around jump points for strategic reasons. Since we are capable of stabilizing them, maybe jump points can be relocated as long as they are unstable. So before you stabilize one you can think about if they can be moved around to make the system potentially more save or if a transit system move the jps closer together... .

Two limiting factors: the more you want to move them the exponentially expensive it should be. Additionally on the costs it should become even more expensive if you come too close to another JP.

As a corollary to this concept, the capability to UN-stabilize jump points after they have been stabilized would be an interesting addition the game.
Open the pod-bay doors HAL...

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #755 on: June 18, 2020, 08:42:14 PM »

As a corollary to this concept, the capability to UN-stabilize jump points after they have been stabilized would be an interesting addition the game.

I don't think permanent de-stabilization is a good idea however I think it would be great to have some sort of "interdiction module" that when used on a jump point will take x amount of time and will distrupt a stabilized point for y amount of time, after which the jump point reverts back to its stabilized state.

To further extend this I think it would be cool to have some sort of advanced interdiction that can (albeit temporarily) completely disrupt a jump point, rendering it unusable by anything. I don't think allowing this to happen permanently is a good idea since you would end up with a bunch of useless isolated systems eventually.

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #756 on: June 18, 2020, 08:56:50 PM »

I don't think permanent de-stabilization is a good idea however I think it would be great to have some sort of "interdiction module" that when used on a jump point will take x amount of time and will distrupt a stabilized point for y amount of time, after which the jump point reverts back to its stabilized state.

To further extend this I think it would be cool to have some sort of advanced interdiction that can (albeit temporarily) completely disrupt a jump point, rendering it unusable by anything. I don't think allowing this to happen permanently is a good idea since you would end up with a bunch of useless isolated systems eventually.
Jump point stabilization has significant strategic implications, primarily border control and containing civilian operations.  Permanent destabilization would be an asset when moving into an area where an NPR 'helpfully' stabilized every jump point.

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #757 on: June 18, 2020, 11:06:06 PM »
I personally think it would be cooler if jump gates were actually big constructs, however the reason they arent is Steve is a big fan of them being a major strategic choice to stabalize a point.

I'm not a huge fan of the idea but point being, the points not really being possible to de-stabalize is working as intended.

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #758 on: June 18, 2020, 11:57:04 PM »
Make "not enough PPV" unrest depending on racial xenophobia and maybe militancy too.
Make it enabled in the moment of first contact, maybe with an option (checkbox) of "Precontact Xenophobia", that will switch it on from the start of game.

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #759 on: June 19, 2020, 12:07:08 AM »
Make Available Workers (~ unemployed) generating some unrest, maybe affected by Determinancy and/or Trade racial stats.

(The thing I want is some constant source of economic unrest, not only military and life-support ones.)

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #760 on: June 19, 2020, 12:55:13 AM »
Make Available Workers (~ unemployed) generating some unrest, maybe affected by Determinancy and/or Trade racial stats.

(The thing I want is some constant source of economic unrest, not only military and life-support ones.)
While I like this idea, population management is already too micro-managy.  The only viable solution would become 'drop troops on it until things settle down'.

Offline liveware

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
« Reply #761 on: June 19, 2020, 01:05:07 AM »

Jump point stabilization has significant strategic implications, primarily border control and containing civilian operations.  Permanent destabilization would be an asset when moving into an area where an NPR 'helpfully' stabilized every jump point.

I have never encountered a 'helpful' NPR nor have I encountered a jump point stabilized by a NPR. Is this actually a possibility in-game?

I stand by my previous assertion that jump point destabilization would be an interesting game mechanic. ESPECIALLY if NPRs can stabilize jump points.

If demons were invading Earth would you not want the ability the close the demonic warp gate? I certainly would....

To clarify I am not arguing for permanent destabilization of jump points. I think it should be allowable to re-stabilize a previously destabilized jump point.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2020, 01:15:57 AM by liveware »
Open the pod-bay doors HAL...

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #762 on: June 19, 2020, 01:27:37 AM »

I have never encountered a 'helpful' NPR nor have I encountered a jump point stabilized by a NPR. Is this actually a possibility in-game?

I stand by my previous assertion that jump point destabilization would be an interesting game mechanic. ESPECIALLY if NPRs can stabilize jump points.

If demons were invading Earth would you not want the ability the close the demonic warp gate? I certainly would....
Spamming JP stabilizers is one of the possible AI behaviours that gets chosen at random at NPR creation.  My current game has one inside my perimeter because it managed to sneak past my sensor buoys.  Unless NPRs don't need to gravsurvey then they also got some of those in undetected as well and I can't find them.  :(

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #763 on: June 19, 2020, 03:04:53 PM »
Yeah almost every JP in my game is stabalized.

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #764 on: June 19, 2020, 03:05:44 PM »
I suggest that there be an order along the lines of '80% of maintenance life exceeded', and an ability to queue an order to go find a place to get an overhaul and resupply.  It would reduce the burning agony of dealing with survey ships by quite a lot.