Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 272863 times)

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #930 on: August 11, 2020, 04:48:51 PM »
In the Overview pane of the Galactic Map window, add the (JG) suffix to gated jump points (as in the jump point list of the System View window).

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #931 on: August 12, 2020, 12:58:55 AM »
Suggestion: How about requiring a few combat increments before you can have rear and support field positions.  Seems kinda crazy to me that my static HQ can be safely behind the lines before those lines even have a chance to form.  What we have now is basically like if the paratroopers on D-Day dropped in with a full fire-base, buildings and all.

Offline kingflute

• Chief Petty Officer
  • k
« Reply #932 on: August 12, 2020, 08:01:37 AM »
Suggestion: adding the ability to mothball obsolete/surplus ships, so that they have very small upkeep costs and crews and dont run down maintinance clocks and are quicker to bring into service than brand new ships

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #933 on: August 12, 2020, 01:10:51 PM »
Suggestion: On the tactical map, don't keep focus on the system selection dropdown.  It's very annoying to pick a system, then scroll thinking you're going to zoom in or out, but it actually scrolls through the system list.

The following users thanked this post: serger, Dreadder, Gabrote42

Offline Elvin

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #934 on: August 12, 2020, 04:44:44 PM »
Suggestion: On the tactical map, don't keep focus on the system selection dropdown.  It's very annoying to pick a system, then scroll thinking you're going to zoom in or out, but it actually scrolls through the system list.

Unfortunately you're fighting a Windows standard feature there. The scroll wheel will operate on whatever is left in focus. I suppose you could possibly deliberately unfocus the field when a selection is made, but I think that may not play nicely with trying to type into the field in order to select a system?

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #935 on: August 12, 2020, 09:27:34 PM »

When I select a system in the dropdown and then immediately use the scroll wheel, the map zooms, unless I leave the mouse pointer over the dropdown.
I'm using the Windows setting "scroll inactive windows when I hover them". Maybe that's the difference?

The following users thanked this post: Gabrote42

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #936 on: August 13, 2020, 11:18:09 AM »
On the Naval Organization window, in the admin/fleet structure pane on the left, when I drag a fleet to a different naval admin node, a different fleet becomes the currently selected fleet.

Can we change that so that a fleet remains the selected fleet after it is dragged to a different node?

Offline Dreadder

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #937 on: August 13, 2020, 12:49:45 PM »
A place in the Intelligence and Foreign Relation window that would show relationships between NPRs revealed through espionage, since it's currently not recorded anywhere except in the event log.

The following users thanked this post: Barkhorn, skoormit, Gabrote42

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #938 on: August 14, 2020, 09:27:32 PM »
Executive officers for ground formations would be nice.

The following users thanked this post: Kristover

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #939 on: August 15, 2020, 09:06:38 AM »
Right clicking a location on the tactical map displays a selection list of colonies and fleets near the location.
In many cases, the list includes a large number of civilian ships, which makes it difficult to select the fleet I am interested in.

I never actually want to select a civilian ship, but I can imagine that there are occasions when it might be useful (especially if it actually worked correctly--currently, if you select a civilian ship, the Naval Organization window opens but it does not have a fleet selected).

Suggestion:
In the selection list that appears when right clicking a location on the tactical map, don't list civilian ships.
Instead, if civilian ships are present, add a "Civilian ->" item at the top of the list. If that item is clicked, display the list of civilian ships (to the side of the original list).

The following users thanked this post: DIT_grue, serger, Dreadder, Tikigod

Offline Tikigod

• Lieutenant
« Reply #940 on: August 15, 2020, 09:18:30 AM »
Right clicking a location on the tactical map displays a selection list of colonies and fleets near the location.
In many cases, the list includes a large number of civilian ships, which makes it difficult to select the fleet I am interested in.

I never actually want to select a civilian ship, but I can imagine that there are occasions when it might be useful (especially if it actually worked correctly--currently, if you select a civilian ship, the Naval Organization window opens but it does not have a fleet selected).

Suggestion:
In the selection list that appears when right clicking a location on the tactical map, don't list civilian ships.
Instead, if civilian ships are present, add a "Civilian ->" item at the top of the list. If that item is clicked, display the list of civilian ships (to the side of the original list).

Definitely helpful. Whilst a bit more complicated to implement, having the right click list take whatever tactical map display filters you have enabled/disabled would be a nice touch as well so we have full control over the right click menu.
The popular stereotype of the researcher is that of a skeptic and a pessimist.  Nothing could be further from the truth! Scientists must be optimists at heart, in order to block out the incessant chorus of those who say "It cannot be done. "

- Academician Prokhor Zakharov, University Commencement

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #941 on: August 17, 2020, 09:26:56 AM »
When an Auto Refit task is created while the Use Components checkbox is checked, the first refit task created uses existing components, but subsequent tasks do not.

Can we make the auto-refit task continue to use components for subsequent tasks?

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #942 on: August 17, 2020, 03:42:55 PM »
Suggestion: Let us restrict medals to certain classes of ship and ground formation.  I may want my missile ships to get different medals than my orbital defense platforms.  The US Navy and US Coast Guard don't issue the same medals.

Offline HeroicHan

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #943 on: August 22, 2020, 11:26:03 AM »
I'm sure this has already been expressed at some level, but there are a bunch of missing SM features that are pretty critical to any sort of multi-human rp/multiplayer experience.
Transferring ships and commanders to aliens. (Ground troops have the option but for some reason these don't)
Critical if you have a merchant/mercenary empire that wants to sell ships/fleets.

Transferring tech (including racial techs). Super fun to RP 'licensing' engines or other components to other factions.

SM Wealth. It really leaves a giant hole. Without it, races can currently only trade in minerals, and without the aforementioned transferring of ships/tech, there's really nothing to buy anyways.
It's also nice to be able to 'buy' research labs and whatnot from the civilian sector.

Suggestion: Add a game option to toggle the tech bleed effect. It really kills competitive teching in a multiplayer setting. For example, why would a player research "Research Rate" if they are just going to bump up everyone else's tech as well? For most techs there is a work around to just remove the bled techs, but the Construction category seems to remember your highest ever level, so if you remove the 'gifted' Research Rate 240, the research rate doesn't go back down to 200.
And believe me I have tried everything to circumvent this. I tried to make three different 'races' of 'humans'. I tried to shatter the Earth and made 3 identical Earths, in slightly different locations, with different names. I can only conclude that the tech bleeding is linked to home system and not home planet or race. I'd really just like a toggle.   :)

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #944 on: August 22, 2020, 04:15:40 PM »
Export Event Log function as VB6