Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 272803 times)

Offline Malorn

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • M
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #1065 on: November 02, 2020, 11:30:56 PM »
I'd kindof prefer if ground training just worked like factories and you could have multiple facilities working the same job.

Yeah, ground forces are really awesome, but they are a bit cumbersome currently.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1066 on: November 03, 2020, 01:12:29 PM »
I'd kindof prefer if ground training just worked like factories and you could have multiple facilities working the same job.

This is actually essential if you want to make STO formations of any substance. You can have 1000 GU facilities and a single STO battery will still take decades to train

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #1067 on: November 03, 2020, 01:50:16 PM »
I basically gave up on STOs, they just took too long to train.

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #1068 on: November 05, 2020, 05:30:02 PM »
Could we please get another conditional order slot, or a "refuel and ressuply" order? There's already a "refuel, resupply and overhaul" order but it doesn't work, being able to refuel/resupply at different moments through either a third slot or a specific conditional order would be so, so very useful.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #1069 on: November 06, 2020, 03:47:20 AM »
Could we please get another conditional order slot, or a "refuel and ressuply" order? There's already a "refuel, resupply and overhaul" order but it doesn't work, being able to refuel/resupply at different moments through either a third slot or a specific conditional order would be so, so very useful.

Massive UI work. It is easier to get the error fixed. I have personally found a workaround (although the error still triggers) to keep all ships going without managing them.

I am sure Steve that is playing the game have either fixed it or about to do it.

Offline Cobaia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • C
« Reply #1070 on: November 06, 2020, 04:53:43 AM »

Massive UI work. It is easier to get the error fixed. I have personally found a workaround (although the error still triggers) to keep all ships going without managing them.

I am sure Steve that is playing the game have either fixed it or about to do it.

What workaround?

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #1071 on: November 06, 2020, 06:49:42 AM »

What workaround?

The conditional order Fuel less than 50% (my standard), Refuel Resupply and Overhaul at Colony  it doesn't trigger any error, so I just use this in combination with the Deployment exceeded. So ship will overhaul only at deployment exceeded but not refuel running the full process when running out of Fuel.

You'll get the function error but that's all. I am honestly not looking after my exploration at all currently unless something shows up on radar.

Sure sometimes I still like to jump in, be careful etc, but when you have 50 plus ships exploring and surveying you could become tired of the process quite fast.

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #1072 on: November 06, 2020, 08:38:43 AM »
A small quality of Life point. It would be great if the system tracked which names have been used in any naming convention list such that if you want to use the same naming convention such as RN Destroyers across a range of designs or on subsequent updates to designs then the suggested name recognises this rather than going back to the start of the list.

Similarly if you have ships destroyed making the names available again would be great.

Offline TheTalkingMeowth

• Captain
  • T
« Reply #1073 on: November 06, 2020, 09:42:50 AM »
A small quality of Life point. It would be great if the system tracked which names have been used in any naming convention list such that if you want to use the same naming convention such as RN Destroyers across a range of designs or on subsequent updates to designs then the suggested name recognises this rather than going back to the start of the list.

Similarly if you have ships destroyed making the names available again would be great.

Does it...not already do this?

I routinely have multiple classes sharing the same name list, and no name collisions.

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #1074 on: November 06, 2020, 11:36:22 AM »
The conditional order Fuel less than 50% (my standard), Refuel Resupply and Overhaul at Colony  it doesn't trigger any error, so I just use this in combination with the Deployment exceeded. So ship will overhaul only at deployment exceeded but not refuel running the full process when running out of Fuel.

You'll get the function error but that's all. I am honestly not looking after my exploration at all currently unless something shows up on radar.

Sure sometimes I still like to jump in, be careful etc, but when you have 50 plus ships exploring and surveying you could become tired of the process quite fast.

Let's see if I understand it correctly, the Refuel, Resupply and Overhaul order works for you if you set it associated with fuel levels? I had set it at Deploymen Exceeded - Refuel, Resupply and Overhaul. But it returns an error and makes my ships not refuel and resupply. Can you get them to both survey automatically, overhal and refuel/resupply that way?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #1075 on: November 06, 2020, 11:41:42 AM »
It would be nice if officers that are not the best qualified for a slot still get put into a slot rather than sitting around picking their orifices, i.e. an officer of sufficient rank, but no skills is left unassigned when there are available slots. He should be put into one.

As an adjunct to that, let the officers get some OJT. If they are in a slot with no skill relative to that job, eventually they will learn something about it. Hopefully.

The following users thanked this post: papent, serger, King-Salomon, nuclearslurpee

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
« Reply #1076 on: November 06, 2020, 11:44:24 AM »
It would be nice if officers that are not the best qualified for a slot still get put into a slot rather than sitting around picking their orifices, i.e. an officer of sufficient rank, but no skills is left unassigned when there are available slots. He should be put into one.

As an adjunct to that, let the officers get some OJT. If they are in a slot with no skill relative to that job, eventually they will learn something about it. Hopefully.

All assigned officers should have a double chance of gaining political skill ;)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #1077 on: November 06, 2020, 08:39:58 PM »
Something in the ship display to show how much free cargo space is left.

A way to change sector colors. Usetowas there was a way.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #1078 on: November 07, 2020, 02:59:03 AM »

Let's see if I understand it correctly, the Refuel, Resupply and Overhaul order works for you if you set it associated with fuel levels? I had set it at Deploymen Exceeded - Refuel, Resupply and Overhaul. But it returns an error and makes my ships not refuel and resupply. Can you get them to both survey automatically, overhal and refuel/resupply that way?

Yes it doesn't trigger any error on the refuel. So you have the ship coming back for exceeded deployment to resupply refuel and overhaul triggering the error and overhaul only, then as soon as fuel will be under 50% it will come back (or never leave if fuel is already below lebels) and have overhaul, refuel and resupply correctly.

So except for u clicking through the errors when triggered there isnt anything else required.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #1079 on: November 07, 2020, 07:05:37 PM »
When using the "Survey x/Move to system requiring x survey", it would be nice if it did not double up on fleets. If a fleet is actively surveying said system, the next fleet to encounter that sequence of standing orders should go on to the next system.