Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 272842 times)

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #1260 on: January 08, 2021, 10:58:08 AM »
Custom Water Requirements.

What would this entail?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1261 on: January 08, 2021, 11:09:17 AM »

What would this entail?

Right now every species needs 20% water. He is suggesting that we be allowed to change this requirement for various species. So one only needs 15% and another wants 30% for example.

The following users thanked this post: Gabrote42

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #1262 on: January 08, 2021, 11:13:02 AM »

What would this entail?

Right now every species needs 20% water. He is suggesting that we be allowed to change this requirement for various species. So one only needs 15% and another wants 30% for example.

Ah ok then.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #1263 on: January 08, 2021, 03:57:29 PM »

Could be interesting to go for aquatic species, so more water there is the more people you can put on the planet.

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, serger, Gabrote42

Offline Gabrote42

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
  • Waiting until I have the Time to play.
« Reply #1264 on: January 08, 2021, 04:36:32 PM »

Could be interesting to go for aquatic species, so more water there is the more people you can put on the planet.
I was thinking about that the other day. I would love it! Customizable water% is higher on priority IMO but that would be really cool if you could implement it with just a toggle.
Everyone asks me why I like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  In actuality, my username predates my knowledge of the books.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #1265 on: January 09, 2021, 12:35:03 PM »
Would it be possible to add an unlimited number of conditional orders and saving said orders as a standard template to be applied either manually or as default from the ship design menu?

Also, a message alert when colonists are exceeding infrastructure would be nice to have. I know we have unrest alerts, but that is a symptom that happens after its too late.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 12:36:57 PM by Borealis4x »

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1266 on: January 09, 2021, 12:54:04 PM »
Would it be possible to add an unlimited number of conditional orders and saving said orders as a standard template to be applied either manually or as default from the ship design menu?

I like the idea of standing order templates but I don't think it would make sense to set defaults from the ship design menu. Standing orders apply to fleets, not ships.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #1267 on: January 09, 2021, 12:54:39 PM »

I like the idea of standing order templates but I don't think it would make sense to set defaults from the ship design menu. Standing orders apply to fleets, not ships.

oh yeah, duh.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #1268 on: January 09, 2021, 02:34:52 PM »

That was my idea. Aquatic species, desert species (little to no water) but mostly Robots. I can currently create Robotic species that are in no need of oxy and are not affected by any temperature but....they still need water.

We Robots need no water!

Offline Gabrote42

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • G
  • Waiting until I have the Time to play.
« Reply #1269 on: January 09, 2021, 03:06:42 PM »

That was my idea. Aquatic species, desert species (little to no water) but mostly Robots. I can currently create Robotic species that are in no need of oxy and are not affected by any temperature but....they still need water.

We Robots need no water!
Thoughts on this: For now, just RP robots as needing Coolant (like cars). One should be careful when implementing Aquatic and Desert species, since an aquatic race can be completely nonviable if they can only have 2m pop on a planet, and a desert species can be very OP if they can use 100% of the surface just like that. It might require another thread to discuss balance, unless Steve makes an executive decision.
Everyone asks me why I like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  In actuality, my username predates my knowledge of the books.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1270 on: January 09, 2021, 03:14:31 PM »

We Robots need no water!
Thoughts on this: For now, just RP robots as needing Coolant (like cars). One should be careful when implementing Aquatic and Desert species, since an aquatic race can be completely nonviable if they can only have 2m pop on a planet, and a desert species can be very OP if they can use 100% of the surface just like that. It might require another thread to discuss balance, unless Steve makes an executive decision.

The carrying capacity problem is easily solved for aquatic and desert species - flip it on its head

So for an aquatic species - anything below 75% water reduces their carrying capacity.
For a desert species - anything above their water requirement (let's say 10% for this example) will reduce the effective carrying capacity.
The best part is that you don't even need to have the custom water requirements implemented and use the current ruleset for water (keep it between 10-20% for desert and above 75% for aquatic).

The existence and function of the population density modifier already shows us that aurora in its current form already tracks carrying capacity on a species-wise basis so this isn't too much of an ask (i think).
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 03:16:17 PM by Droll »

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, xenoscepter

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1271 on: January 09, 2021, 04:35:26 PM »

- That's a very elegant solution! I would add that we should be able to alter the tolerances so that we can have OP races if we want them. :)

We Robots need no water!

The carrying capacity problem is easily solved for aquatic and desert species - flip it on its head

So for an aquatic species - anything below 75% water reduces their carrying capacity.
For a desert species - anything above their water requirement (let's say 10% for this example) will reduce the effective carrying capacity.
The best part is that you don't even need to have the custom water requirements implemented and use the current ruleset for water (keep it between 10-20% for desert and above 75% for aquatic).

The existence and function of the population density modifier already shows us that aurora in its current form already tracks carrying capacity on a species-wise basis so this isn't too much of an ask (i think).

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #1272 on: January 09, 2021, 05:29:34 PM »

We Robots need no water!

I think the water one is more clearcut as to how exactly it would work and is in general a good idea.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #1273 on: January 09, 2021, 11:03:34 PM »
The ability to queue up slipway additions for shipyards. Really annoying when I'm trying to build a FAC shipyard with 10 or so slipways with how fast they build.

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, serger, BAGrimm, nuclearslurpee

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1274 on: January 09, 2021, 11:07:55 PM »
It would be nice if the System View window has an Auto-Rename System button that would select either the next name or (ideally) a random system name from the naming theme, for one-click random renaming of Gliese 184628946 and WISE +03846182037-73541894767 systems.