Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 272840 times)

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #1350 on: January 25, 2021, 06:43:16 PM »
Commercial buoy launchers have been suggested a few times before, at least I know I've suggested it.

We do have a bit of a compromise in 1.13 in that Steve is adjusting how ships types are determined for commander auto-assign, so that a ship with survey sensors outmassing weapons will be a survey ship rather than a warship, which makes mounting (military) buoy droppers not throw a wrench into the auto-assign. As survey ships are a natural choice for buoy droppers and are always military ships anyways this change should help a lot.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #1351 on: January 25, 2021, 11:34:27 PM »
The option of a medal to grant a title also.

Bob Smith gets the KBE and gets to be Sir Bob Smith.

The following users thanked this post: Rince Wind, nuclearslurpee

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1352 on: January 26, 2021, 03:55:06 PM »
The game should probably notify the player if a new aether rift has opened in one of their populated systems. Apparently I've had one thats now grown to 40m in diameter in one of my systems with 400m people and never saw it because I usually just keep my view on sol.

I don't think it would clutter my game logs too much.

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, Black, TMaekler, TheBawkHawk, serger, BAGrimm, Gabrote42, alex_g, nuclearslurpee

Offline Demonius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #1353 on: January 26, 2021, 08:56:40 PM »
2 RP things:

1. Mix the Home Worlds and the Academies that the people graduated from. At least a bit. If Planets that are 10M+ pop without an Academy are also added to the name pool, even better. Like, John Smith, born on Earth, graduated from the Sirius Academy or Jane Doe, born on Alpha Centauri, graduated at Sol Academy.

2. the building company that was the original builder should be preserved somewhere in the Ship Infos.

I think both features were in place in VB6.

The following users thanked this post: papent, serger, BAGrimm, Gabrote42, nuclearslurpee

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1354 on: January 27, 2021, 01:12:38 AM »
 - I'd like to see the ability to create Academies as separate entities, for example: Earth has 27 Military Academies. I would like the ability to divide these into 9 Naval, 9 Ground Forces and 9 Scientific Academies. The sub-divided those among independent commandants, so 3 Naval Fighter, 3 Naval Survey, 3 Naval Crew Training and so on and so forth. Not sure how hard that would be to implement though...

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, Droll, BAGrimm, TheTalkingMeowth, alex_g

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #1355 on: January 27, 2021, 08:08:40 AM »
Something that I really would like to have, mostly of RP purposes would be a standing order for patrolling a system. If a fleet is ordered for a patrol order they should more or less randomly move to mining sites, colonies or follow civilian ships in the system. They probably also should randomly set their speed to move relatively slowly as they are not suppose to burn their fuel too much, the idea is they should be out there patrolling.

They should not move to other systems but stay in the system where they are.

The following users thanked this post: Rince Wind, papent, RevReese, TheBawkHawk, serger, Gabrote42, alex_g, nuclearslurpee

Offline Iceranger

• Registered
  • Commander
  • I
« Reply #1356 on: January 27, 2021, 03:00:36 PM »
Not sure if it has been suggested before, but I think a new tech line improving the efficiency for engineering spaces could be interesting. With higher 'engineering efficiency', we should be able to achieve the same maintenance life with less percentage of the ship devoted to the engineering spaces.

The following users thanked this post: Rince Wind, Droll, serger, Warer

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1357 on: January 27, 2021, 03:30:22 PM »
Mining Focus: I would like to see a mining focus for each mineral. I find it odd (and annoying) that the amount of minerals you get out of the soil is solely dependent upon how accessible it is. It would therefore be nice if we could increase or decrease the mining focus for each mineral. Since these factories are very modern and specialized, they should be able to focus on certain minerals.

So how should that work?

Let's say you have the following minerals on a planet:
Duranium 2.344.415t @0,4
Gallicite 455.209t @0,1
Mercassium 12.580t @0,9

Your mines will deplete Mercassium very quickly due to the low amount AND high extraction efficiency. Gallicite and Duranium would be depleted almost at the same time due to the combination of amount and extraction efficiency. But let's say that you do have a Gallicite shortage - how convenient would it be if you could focus the mines on this planet to gallicite for a while?

These focuses should be limited though. Max double the amount should be possible. So with focus added this would look like:
Duranium @0,4 Focus:0,5 =@0,2
Gallicite @0,2 Focus:2,0 =@0,2
Mercassium @0,9 Focus:0,5 = @0,45

You would lose 1/x of the efficiency of all other minerals but gain it for the one you want to focus on. Overall you would lose, but it could be a nice help if you get into a mineral crisis... .

The following users thanked this post: Rince Wind, RevReese, serger, Gabrote42

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #1358 on: January 27, 2021, 03:58:32 PM »
Not sure if it has been suggested before, but I think a new tech line improving the efficiency for engineering spaces could be interesting. With higher 'engineering efficiency', we should be able to achieve the same maintenance life with less percentage of the ship devoted to the engineering spaces.
Can be merged with Maintenance Production Rate (rename on smth like Maintenance Efficiency).

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1359 on: January 28, 2021, 06:55:07 AM »
Racial Growth Rate seems to me to be too high. I was wondering if like research and other stuff could be controlled by a factor, racial growth could also. I usually play with 20% Research so all techs are longer valid - why not the same for racial growth? Could you add a similar factor to the general game parameters for racial growth? I certainly would appreciate it - especially for a conventional start it is near impossible to keep people from unemployment.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #1360 on: January 28, 2021, 07:09:52 AM »
I was wondering how newly detected ship classes could be identified as coming from a before unknown empire... . Surely there are indicators like markings on the hull (if identifiable) or later audio or visual communication. But as long as a new detected ship class cannot be identified as belonging to a specific race, it should be "falsely" put into the wrong empire (yes, I know the problems with the actual structure of the database - I am just thinking aloud).

The idea here is as follows: In a multiplayer campaign captured ships could be used for false flag operations. Inciting war between two enemy factions. Just think about what could become possible storewise with this "tool"... .

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1361 on: January 28, 2021, 11:20:34 AM »
Mining Focus: I would like to see a mining focus for each mineral. I find it odd (and annoying) that the amount of minerals you get out of the soil is solely dependent upon how accessible it is. It would therefore be nice if we could increase or decrease the mining focus for each mineral. Since these factories are very modern and specialized, they should be able to focus on certain minerals.

So how should that work?

Let's say you have the following minerals on a planet:
Duranium 2.344.415t @0,4
Gallicite 455.209t @0,1
Mercassium 12.580t @0,9

Your mines will deplete Mercassium very quickly due to the low amount AND high extraction efficiency. Gallicite and Duranium would be depleted almost at the same time due to the combination of amount and extraction efficiency. But let's say that you do have a Gallicite shortage - how convenient would it be if you could focus the mines on this planet to gallicite for a while?

These focuses should be limited though. Max double the amount should be possible. So with focus added this would look like:
Duranium @0,4 Focus:0,5 =@0,2
Gallicite @0,2 Focus:2,0 =@0,2
Mercassium @0,9 Focus:0,5 = @0,45

You would lose 1/x of the efficiency of all other minerals but gain it for the one you want to focus on. Overall you would lose, but it could be a nice help if you get into a mineral crisis... .

Steve has explicitly stated that he has zero interest in anything of this sort.

The following users thanked this post: Gabrote42

Offline ZimRathbone

• Captain
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #1362 on: January 28, 2021, 04:58:33 PM »
Something that I really would like to have, mostly of RP purposes would be a standing order for patrolling a system. If a fleet is ordered for a patrol order they should more or less randomly move to mining sites, colonies or follow civilian ships in the system. They probably also should randomly set their speed to move relatively slowly as they are not suppose to burn their fuel too much, the idea is they should be out there patrolling.

They should not move to other systems but stay in the system where they are.

Sounds very like the old training behavior in VB...units  while in training would have orders generated to move them around the system to random locations at  random speed.
Slàinte,

Mike

The following users thanked this post: serger

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #1363 on: January 28, 2021, 09:20:22 PM »
In defense of the current system, you could argue that the TN minerals are spread in a kindof generally uniform distribution and there isn't any way to focus on one over the other, so in other words its possible for it to make sense that there is no way to focus.

Its noteworthy though that due to how accessibility works (a fixed 0-1 scale except when there are multiple minerals in which case it add up to a lot higher) you will get a vastly higher overall rate of extraction if you have multiple minerals on the planet you are currently mining.  Assuming all minerals are more or less uniformly distributed wherever it is they are being extracted from, if you limited all minerals to add up to a total of '1' accessiblity at a maximum, then it would also act to normalize the productivity of mines in the same way that allowing them to freely specialize towards one mineral would.

The following users thanked this post: serger

Offline papent

• Lieutenant
  • Off We Go Into The Wild Blue Yonder
« Reply #1364 on: January 28, 2021, 11:53:22 PM »
unsure if previously mentioned before:

commercial import and export of minerals for colonies via a set of radio buttons/dropdown list on the mining screen just below the CMC tax/purchase option
for import options:
A) do not import minerals
B) Import to reserve levels
C) Import mineral shortfalls [this is already calculated and displayed on the mineral screen as an orange highlight of a mineral]
D) Import everything in system

for export options:
A) do not export minerals
B) export to reserve levels
C) export everything anywhere
D) export to system only

Could lead to possible interempire trading as commercial fleets of friendlies and allies fill mineral movement contracts and the ghost minerals from tax CMC's are sent to friendly empires.
as usually i'm unsure how much of the current trade code would be applicable to such a idea.
In my humble opinion anything that could be considered a balance issue is a moot point unless the AI utilize it against you because otherwise it's an exploit you willing choose to use to game the system. 
Rule 0 Is effect : "The SM is always right/ What SM Says Goes."

The following users thanked this post: Rince Wind, Jorgen_CAB, Droll, TheBawkHawk, nuclearslurpee