Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 272807 times)

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #1800 on: May 30, 2021, 10:52:40 AM »
When an alien ship is captured, populate the intel screen text field of the appropriate ship class with the design details (the largely unused space).

I thought that already happened. If not, that is a bug.

Steve, is it intended that the Class Summary should be completed after capturing, or just the other "Observed Weapons/Sensors/Tech" fields? Looking through my intel windows those appear to be filled out,

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1801 on: May 30, 2021, 12:16:43 PM »
When an alien ship is captured, populate the intel screen text field of the appropriate ship class with the design details (the largely unused space).

I thought that already happened. If not, that is a bug.

The intel screen updates information regarding the technology present in the ship only.
The description of the class design does not update, honestly I thought it wasn't implemented yet, which is why it was a suggestion and not a bug report.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1802 on: May 30, 2021, 12:18:27 PM »
The "Observed Weapons/Sensors/Tech" does not update once a ship has been captured, much like the text description of the class design.

As I said, the only thing that updates is the known technology onboard the ship.

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #1803 on: May 30, 2021, 02:51:15 PM »
The ability to set fleet training at the start of the game, to represent established fleets so you don't have to train all ships at the start of the game

Offline Platys51

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #1804 on: May 30, 2021, 04:04:58 PM »
I would like to suggest changing espionage roll table to not include infinite "Race X is in war with *insert known spoiler*" I had 11 reports like that so far from my neighbour. Its about one fourth of all reports I got from them...

The following users thanked this post: nuclearslurpee

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #1805 on: May 30, 2021, 04:22:20 PM »
Finally, civilian mining outposts to be able to generate a small amount of pop that can emigrate.

Not really sure about this one. First, Civilian Mining Outposts are fully Automated but mostly this will cause the Outpost to become a Colony with consequential listing into civilian fleet activity for trading and generation of trading goods. Overall, this could cause also cluttering on the orders tab for fleets and ultimately several performance issues.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1806 on: May 30, 2021, 04:40:40 PM »
I would like to suggest changing espionage roll table to not include infinite "Race X is in war with *insert known spoiler*" I had 11 reports like that so far from my neighbour. Its about one fourth of all reports I got from them...

In general redundant espionage reports get annoying. I've 'discovered' the same enemy sensor entirely too many times...

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1807 on: May 30, 2021, 05:20:33 PM »

In general redundant espionage reports get annoying. I've 'discovered' the same enemy sensor entirely too many times...

This is almost certainly a bug that should be on the bug thread. There is no reason to rediscover the same component.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #1808 on: May 30, 2021, 05:21:27 PM »

This is almost certainly a bug that should be on the bug thread. There is no reason to rediscover the same component.

Sadly I'm still playing 1.12 so I can't file such a report.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1809 on: May 30, 2021, 07:01:41 PM »
In 1.13 carriers will use MSP to repair armor damage sustained by any parasites in its hangars.
Extend this ability to damaged internal components too.

Offline Lord Solar

• See above
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Everlasting Glory to the Imperium
  • Discord Username: Lord Solar
« Reply #1810 on: May 30, 2021, 09:22:36 PM »
In 1.13 carriers will use MSP to repair armor damage sustained by any parasites in its hangars.
carriers do this already

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #1811 on: May 30, 2021, 10:25:16 PM »
carriers do this already

Pretty sure they don't. At the very least my carrier which was housing damaged CAS fighters did not do this, only their armor was repaired.
Idk if there's some setting I missed that enables it but I made that post after I noticed my carriers weren't doing this.

EDIT: And yes, the carrier had plenty of MSP for all damaged fighters.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 10:28:39 PM by Droll »

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
« Reply #1812 on: May 31, 2021, 08:40:07 AM »
If your ships have Fire Controls on Open Fire but don't have any targets assigned, it would be good if you got an event log about it. Have gotten stuck a number of times in 5 second increments because I missed a fleet who had been firing and lost their target; I get logs that the increment had been auto adjusted to 5 seconds because of potential open fire controls, but no log as to which of my ships still was on Open Fire and causing the increment to be decreased. Each time I have to go one by one through my fleets and make sure all had been told to cease fire to resolve the issue.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit, ISN

Offline Coleslaw

• I got the Versacis on, stop playin'!
  • Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #1813 on: May 31, 2021, 12:58:43 PM »
I was hesitant to put this into the bugs reporting since I don't think it's technically a bug. The Fire At Will fleet setting doesn't retarget a different enemy ship after destroying its initial target. You have to manually select Fire At Will again for it to select a new target. It'd cut some unnecessary micro if it did, especially during large fleet combats.

The following users thanked this post: ChubbyPitbull, serger

Offline ChubbyPitbull

• Gold Supporter
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
« Reply #1814 on: May 31, 2021, 02:00:38 PM »
I've really been enjoying the new ground mechanics in C# Aurora, but there are a few QoL changes I think would be nice. For one, I've been building lots of STO formations to defend colonies, but it's hard going through every single new formation to set default orders. It would be nice when defining an STO formation to also define default firing orders for it. For example, my Gauss Cannon Batteries could at design time be set to default to "Final Defensive Fire" so that once built, they would already be set to that order instead of having to constantly go back and manually set them.

This would especially be advantageous for my Garrison or Planetary Defense formations that combine Anti-Missile weapons as well as various anti-ship weapons. The goal is a base general colony defense capability, but each formation adds 3 entries to the STO weapons table that could require manual retargeting after being built.

Similarly, it would be cool to have the ability on the STO targeting tab to give all weapons of type X the same order, or all weapons of type X on the same planet the same order.

The following users thanked this post: TheBawkHawk, serger, LiquidGold2