Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 272818 times)

Offline ArcWolf

• Lieutenant
  • A
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #2160 on: October 24, 2021, 10:32:50 AM »
"colonise all mineral rich bodies" and "purge all empty colonies" buttons for using mining ships without developing carpal tunnel.
If possible, "gather minerals from colonies in system" would be nice too, or add it as part of the mining ship routine to gather them before moving on.

FYI: there is already a button to delete all empty colonies. Under the Econ screen -> Summary Screen, at the bottom of the screen there are a few buttons, one is "Rename Pop". The last button on the right is 'Delete empty" Which will do half of what you a looking for.

Offline Platys51

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #2161 on: October 24, 2021, 02:03:38 PM »
FYI: there is already a button to delete all empty colonies. Under the Econ screen -> Summary Screen, at the bottom of the screen there are a few buttons, one is "Rename Pop". The last button on the right is 'Delete empty" Which will do half of what you a looking for.
Will it keep colonies that still have minerals on them?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #2162 on: October 24, 2021, 02:09:27 PM »

If by minerals you mean mineral stockpiles you've mined then yes, if you just mean minerals still in the ground then no.

However, there is a button to exempt colonies from auto-deletion, so for every empty colony with minerals you can exempt them from the auto-delete process, which unfortunately needs to be done for every planet. Also if you completely mine out one of these worlds and want it to be deleted once empty you'll have to un-exempt it from this status.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2163 on: October 24, 2021, 02:17:59 PM »

No.

It sounds as if you are trying to find a micro-free way to prevent CMCs from spawning. While this doesn't really exist, unless you have a roleplay reason you should not be afraid to allow CMCs to spawn. They are an extremely efficient way to acquire resources (wealth is not a pressing issue in Aurora beyond the very early game, usually) and there is nothing that stops you from also placing your own mines on the same body if you need those specific minerals faster than the CMC is providing them to you.

I usually designate 1-3 of the choice bodies as "strategic reserves" which I focus all of my mines on (usually enough to ensure high rates of duranium, corundium, and gallicite acquisition) and leave the rest for the CMCs, and this works quite well for the early Sol years.

Offline Ektor

• Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #2164 on: October 26, 2021, 08:25:27 PM »
Quasar has added standing order that allow player built ships to act as civilian freighters that can transport trade goods. I know this is pretty low on priority but I'd LOVE to see this added, I'd love to have a game with all military ships where I need to maintain my freight lines, including "civilian" ones. A small scale game so I won't go insane from micro, but this would be so nice to have in C#!

Edit: I apparently misunderstood this. The order only lets them fulfill civilian contracts you set for installations, it would still be useful.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2021, 09:49:05 PM by Ektor »

The following users thanked this post: trabber Shir

Offline Pury

« Reply #2165 on: November 01, 2021, 04:11:04 PM »
I would suggest changing Support unit Defensive calculations from using just Fortification to dynamic system, where it uses Fortification if it supports Units in defence, and to Hit mod if it supports units during attack.   It might better reflect combat for role play, as Artillery (Without colossal range, represented in game with Heavy Arty in rear echelons) would have to move with the attacking units, thus leaving the comfort of their entrenched positions.   Also it would give more reason to Mechanize your Arty, as now the Hit mod would help them avoid getting hit while Supporting the front line. 

Edit.  This would be especially Helpful during planetary assaults, where theoretically there is not much time to dig in your arty.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 04:18:20 PM by Pury »

The following users thanked this post: serger, BAGrimm, Foxxonius Augustus

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #2166 on: November 01, 2021, 04:31:50 PM »
I would suggest changing Support unit Defensive calculations from using just Fortification to dynamic system, where it uses Fortification if it supports Units in defence, and to Hit mod if it supports units during attack.   It might better reflect combat for role play, as Artillery (Without colossal range, represented in game with Heavy Arty in rear echelons) would have to move with the attacking units, thus leaving the comfort of their entrenched positions.   Also it would give more reason to Mechanize your Arty, as now the Hit mod would help them avoid getting hit while Supporting the front line. 

Edit.  This would be especially Helpful during planetary assaults, where theoretically there is not much time to dig in your arty.

This would be nice, as currently LVH artillery is strictly inferior to STA artillery. While I do generally subscribe to the philosophy that not every element of the game needs to be equally viable, given the obvious use for modeling real-world military equipment it would be nice if "traditional" SP howitzers were not clearly inferior to their towed counterparts.

The following users thanked this post: BAGrimm, Foxxonius Augustus, Pury

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #2167 on: November 01, 2021, 06:16:36 PM »

This would be nice, as currently LVH artillery is strictly inferior to STA artillery. While I do generally subscribe to the philosophy that not every element of the game needs to be equally viable, given the obvious use for modeling real-world military equipment it would be nice if "traditional" SP howitzers were not clearly inferior to their towed counterparts.

I think the entire system needs some adjustments as defending forces should not really be engaging each other at all.

I think there are a few conceptual things that should eventually be looked at... which are formation compositions and units supporting each other in a meaning full way.

A concept of attack and defense on planets, especially important for multi-faction role-play where you need to actually attack someone to damage them and where defensive forces can't engage each other directly.

There also should be a maximum of numbers (or size) than may engage in any 8 hour combat resolution based on the number of defensive/offensive numbers of the opponent. You only can squeeze so much frontline forces at the enemy defensive line on one go, that would also make reserves and support units, including air support more meaningful too.

But all of this should probably come later when Steve take a new closer look at the ground combat mechanic some times in the future.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 07:10:53 PM by Jorgen_CAB »

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #2168 on: November 02, 2021, 03:07:49 AM »
For RP purposes and for the "Endgame" feature I would like to have a NULL tech to research forever or a NO research button somewhere like for maintenance and fuel.

This could help with the tedious message and interruption of having no labs assigned to any research.

I know you currently can pause any project and freeze your research and even when everything has been researched you can create a small component and pause the research but still, you'll have to do it for every planet with research labs.

Eventually, if we get the NO research function we also avoid reassigning them once the scientists inevitably die.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2021, 01:43:10 AM by froggiest1982 »

The following users thanked this post: Kristover, Droll, Vastrat

Offline ArcWolf

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #2169 on: November 03, 2021, 11:19:07 AM »
For RP purposes and for the "Endgame" feature I would like to have a NULL tech to research forever or a NO research button somewhere like for maintenance and fuel.

This could help with the tedious message and interruption of having no labs assigned to any research.

I know you currently can pause any project and freeze your research and even when everything has been researched you can create a small component and pause the research but still, you'll have to do it for every planet with research labs.

Eventually, if we get the NO research function we also avoid reassigning them once the scientists inevitably die.

alternatively, the option to turn on or off specific interrupts would be nice.

The following users thanked this post: Scandinavian

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2170 on: November 06, 2021, 08:10:09 AM »
An option to play a sound effect when auto-turns are interrupted. That way you can easily put Aurora to run in the background and do other stuff without worrying too much about checking often to see if there is an interrupt.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #2171 on: November 06, 2021, 08:12:58 AM »

I think you can use the DB to define which type of message interrupts the auto turns... but you can't define new message types.

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #2172 on: November 06, 2021, 11:41:00 PM »

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11780.0

I did make a tool for this (it says 1.12 but it still works fine).

The following users thanked this post: Vandermeer, ArcWolf

Offline ArcWolf

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #2173 on: November 07, 2021, 02:28:03 AM »

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=11780.0

I did make a tool for this (it says 1.12 but it still works fine).

Nice, i'll give it a try with my next campaign. Still does not mean we can't ask for it to be integrated into the game.

Offline Pury

« Reply #2174 on: November 07, 2021, 02:37:36 PM »
I suggest to connect Crew grade and Boarding combat, as more experienced crews should be better at defending their ship. I would consider it in at least one of the following:

-Decrease chance for the ship to sustain dmg from boarding combat.

-Increase Crew survival ability, by giving them some fortification Bonus.