Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 272840 times)

Online nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #2700 on: July 27, 2022, 08:07:33 PM »
I occasionally entertain the idea of reworking armor so that beam weapons ablate armor while kinetic weapons penetrate armor, but this would be a significant rework so I doubt such a thing could ever happen in Aurora.

The following users thanked this post: Warer

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2701 on: July 29, 2022, 04:17:35 PM »
I looked around the forum but couldn't find anything on this already, so:

Allow hangar decks to be pre-built via industry. Currently can't be, but other comparable ship modules (i.e. not designed like Cryo transport, Diplomacy module, Cargo Shuttle Bay, etc) can be built. Also noticed that the various sizes of cargo bay can't be pre-built either. Wondering if that's intentional, or an oversight?

Online Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #2702 on: July 29, 2022, 07:54:03 PM »
I occasionally entertain the idea of reworking armor so that beam weapons ablate armor while kinetic weapons penetrate armor, but this would be a significant rework so I doubt such a thing could ever happen in Aurora.

Don't be so sure... Steve did toy with the idea if changing how weapons worked when he was working on Aurora 2 version of the game a few years back. It could happen...

Both shields and armour worked in a more realistic way and most weapons impacted these things in different ways. Shields did not always completely stop incoming rounds or energy beams either.

Online Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #2703 on: July 29, 2022, 07:59:30 PM »
I looked around the forum but couldn't find anything on this already, so:

Allow hangar decks to be pre-built via industry. Currently can't be, but other comparable ship modules (i.e. not designed like Cryo transport, Diplomacy module, Cargo Shuttle Bay, etc) can be built. Also noticed that the various sizes of cargo bay can't be pre-built either. Wondering if that's intentional, or an oversight?

I think the point is that the part of a ship you mention are more part of the hull structure rather than some isolated component, that is why you can't pre build them.

The following users thanked this post: Scandinavian, Warer

Offline Warer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2704 on: July 30, 2022, 06:29:48 AM »
Hmm maybe a Pre Built Hanger Deck Module? Something like a Hangar deck but its 1100-1250 tons and maybe more expensive but you can build it with industry to speed up carrier construction.

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
« Reply #2705 on: July 31, 2022, 03:58:44 PM »
Would it be possible to give fighters (sub 500 tons) the ability to "land" in the form of significantly reduced signature when at a body? This would open up the ability to "hide" fighters on an asteroid or other body and ambush enemy naval forces, which would be AWESOME flavor-wise.

No idea how that'd work code-wise, and presumably there would need to be some way to toggle it where they can't shoot until they "take off" thereby giving up the signature reduction.

The following users thanked this post: papent, Warer, Norm49

Offline Demetrious

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
« Reply #2706 on: August 01, 2022, 10:04:42 AM »
Would it be possible to give fighters (sub 500 tons) the ability to "land" in the form of significantly reduced signature when at a body? This would open up the ability to "hide" fighters on an asteroid or other body and ambush enemy naval forces, which would be AWESOME flavor-wise.

No idea how that'd work code-wise, and presumably there would need to be some way to toggle it where they can't shoot until they "take off" thereby giving up the signature reduction.

Seems to me this could be implemented by using the already existing ground-support mechanics, as fighters on ground-support missions can't be targeted normally by space assets (including STOs.)

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2707 on: August 01, 2022, 12:04:58 PM »
Speaking of wealth changes (as per the 2.0 changes list)...

Would it be possible to get a simple line graph that could show a history of our wealth over the last few years or so?

Similarly, would it be possible to get graphs of our mineral stockpile status on a selected planet? This one would be best served by being able to select the different minerals (or all of them), and the graph scaling to fit the data.

I ask for these because it is often somewhat challenging to see the change of minerals/wealth over time with just numbers.
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #2708 on: August 01, 2022, 01:14:15 PM »

Would it be possible to get a simple line graph that could show a history of our wealth over the last few years or so?

Similarly, would it be possible to get graphs of our mineral stockpile status on a selected planet? This one would be best served by being able to select the different minerals (or all of them), and the graph scaling to fit the data.

I ask for these because it is often somewhat challenging to see the change of minerals/wealth over time with just numbers.

Allow me to introduce Marvin.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 05:34:10 PM by skoormit »

Offline hostergaard

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • h
« Reply #2709 on: August 01, 2022, 02:04:38 PM »
A checkbox to prevent commander re-assignment for specific commanders

Mostly cause administrators assigned to my academies keeps getting reasigned.

Automatic assignment for Admin commands and ability to choose how its assigned and prioritized like colony administrators

Cause I a tired of micro managing it every time someone gets promoted or something.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #2710 on: August 01, 2022, 06:05:06 PM »
A checkbox to prevent commander re-assignment for specific commanders

Mostly cause administrators assigned to my academies keeps getting reasigned.

Automatic assignment for Admin commands and ability to choose how its assigned and prioritized like colony administrators

Cause I a tired of micro managing it every time someone gets promoted or something.

Admin Commands is already in the changes list
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=12523.msg156310;topicseen#msg156310

Academy commanders being re-assigned was a bug that is already fixed.

The following users thanked this post: Sebmono

Offline RaidersOfTheVerge

• Petty Officer
  • R
« Reply #2711 on: August 01, 2022, 07:53:59 PM »
A way to designate equal refuel from a designated tanker fleet.

I.e battle fleet refueling from one tanker so that the first ships get 100% fuel and the last one only gets the remainder and is still only at 22%

Or tanker goes to refuel from harvesters and the first few have 0% while the last ones still have 90%+

The following users thanked this post: Scandinavian, Vandermeer, Norm49, skoormit, ISN

Offline unkfester

• Silver Supporter
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Discord Username: unkfester
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #2712 on: August 02, 2022, 04:24:29 AM »
A way to designate equal refuel from a designated tanker fleet.

I.e battle fleet refueling from one tanker so that the first ships get 100% fuel and the last one only gets the remainder and is still only at 22%

Or tanker goes to refuel from harvesters and the first few have 0% while the last ones still have 90%+
  I second this.  When you got a big fleet, I would rather have then all fueled to 10% than have one at 100% and the rest still empty

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #2713 on: August 04, 2022, 02:33:32 PM »

Allow me to introduce Marvin.
Marvin would be great if I didn't have to save each time for it to update... This is why I suggest these things in Aurora itself. (also, your link doesn't work ;) I found it anyway, but thought you should know)
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
« Reply #2714 on: August 04, 2022, 03:57:30 PM »
Would it be possible for the event screen so be resizeable? It's the one window that I most often wish I could resize, and since it's just text display with minimal buttons/fields, it seems like it should be amenable to resizing. I often wish it was just a little wider so an event would only fill one line, instead of spilling onto the 2nd line, particularly when there are a LOT of the same event over and over, as in combat, and those events take up twice as many rows to display. Likewise it would be nice to resize it vertically to fill whatever space is available, and again displaying more or less rows of text seems like it should be a minimal coding change (but I am not a SW developer, so I could easily be wrong about that).