Author Topic: New Races and how to use them  (Read 1957 times)

gamemonger56

New Races and how to use them
« on: March 16, 2016, 07:15:54 PM »

I'm about 30 years into my current game, and there's lots of planet that are oh so close to useful with some terraforming but i'm an impatient starlord. I designed a race, built the race mod plants and now i have about 6 mill of the "new humans" on earth. I found a planet that a littlebit of terraforming should be fine, but it cant pick up the new humans nor can i terra mod the new plant for them. what am missing?

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
Re: New Races and how to use them
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 10:03:46 PM »
I believe you have to generate the new species on the planet they are to live on.

Offline DIT_grue

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2016, 12:29:16 AM »
I've not experimented with this myself, but: are you sending your ships to the right colony when you issue their orders? IIRC, every race needs its own separate colony, so GMCs dump their output in a different colony. If you're looking at your main settlement on the planet, there won't be any genies there to pick up.

I believe you have to generate the new species on the planet they are to live on.

That definitely sounds wrong, I'm sure I've seen people posting otherwise.

Edit: And why is this in Mechanics rather than the Academy where it belongs?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 12:31:14 AM by DIT_grue »

WolfiusAlt

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2016, 06:00:53 AM »
When you start converting people to a new species, it creates a second colony on the same planet - that's part of aurora, a colony, programing-wise, can only support 1 species.  You have to make sure you have the right one selected when you give the load colonists order.

If you're creating an uninhabbited colony for them to deposit stuff at ahead of time, you need to make sure you have the right species selected and manually create it.  Just dropping stuff on a planet iirc auto-creates a colony for your original species.

What do you mean you can't terra mod?

Quote from: Mastik link=topic=8439. msg88037#msg88037 date=1458183826

Only if you're using SM mode to create a new species as a new empire.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2016, 06:01:27 AM »
When you use genetic modification the new species is put into a new colony on the same planet. Can you see a new colony there with a small population?

Edit: oh you ninja!
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

gamemonger56

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2016, 09:54:53 PM »
Thans! that was enough for me to figure it out! my genies are on their way to their new home!