Author Topic: Robotic soldiers  (Read 2884 times)

Offline Peter Rhodan (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
Robotic soldiers
« on: March 15, 2011, 09:26:57 PM »
I ran into a bunch of robotic soldiers at a ruin dig - they chewed the 6 or 7 assorted ground troops I had there - and then the colony and the transport at the colony with more troops unloading....

Before throwing more troops in can someone give me some idea of the force size I will need?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Robotic soldiers
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 09:59:01 PM »
I usually drop 3-4 brigades of heavy assault troops.

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 01:49:17 AM »
I tend to use Marines but the same as Erik I normally have a full division (4 Bdes of 4 Btns) on each dig site.  If there are colonists on the planet I also have a Bde of garrison troops.
Welchbloke

Offline randal7

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2011, 07:41:33 AM »
Do these guys scale according to the tech level of the ruins? I've been getting by with one brigade of mixed forces, but the highest tech I've seen is L2. I don't think I've ever found more than 2 enemy battalions.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 09:25:36 AM »
They do seem to scale with the tl of the ruin.  I am not sure if their individual combat power goes up, but I definately see more of them with higher tech ruins.  Rule of thumb seems to be 1 robot battalion per level of tech.  So for that tl5 ruin you might very well end up facing 5 battalions of robots.

Brian

Offline Peter Rhodan (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 09:00:25 PM »
Thanks guys - I have 2 assault ships building that can drop 2 Batallions each - plus transports for like 4 more brigades should so that should be enough I guess....
I'll be back....

After  I deal with some suspected Precursors...

Offline Starkiller

• Lt. Commander
  • S
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 03:02:50 PM »
Hmmm. I usually have 3 Heavy Assault Battalions go with the Xeno Team and the Engineer Brigade, just in case. :)
I have high ground combat tech because, no matter what I'm researching, a group of labs is always researching
ground combat. I like to capture alien homeworlds intact because, they REALLY boost your tax base once they become
Imperial Populations. Also, Precurser Robot Soldiers are flies to be swatted, if your ground combat tech is high. :)

Eric