Author Topic: What is the current state of the AI?  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Foolcow (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • F
What is the current state of the AI?
« on: March 17, 2012, 12:20:05 PM »
In particular, I'm wondering whether it is now capable of continuing to build and expand after it's homeworld minerals have been exhausted.

Other posters have mentioned in the past that NPRs cease to provide any challenge about 10 years after coming into existence because they don't know how to shift mining operations off-world.  Is this still true?

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
Re: What is the current state of the AI?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 12:23:45 PM »
Well, in a recent uncovering of a *(pathetic and soon to be enslaved)* NPR, they did manage to shift 300 of 700 automines to another world in their system, which had excellent mineralogical charachteristics.

Given ten years, though, a player can probably neuter just about anyone from the tech growth alone-- the AI won't be as effective at targeting techs for specific purposes the way we can.

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2012, 08:27:38 AM »
Personally I just give the NPRs huge amounts of accessible minerals when i discover a homeworld.

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 03:33:16 AM »
acutally one thing id like to see put into the game is events where minerals regenerate or suddenly appear out of solar system exosolar planets or asteroids or other bodies going through the outer system orrt cloud might be a place to make it believeable and reasonable.  Like comets just an idea to assist the AI in expansion