Author Topic: Load minerals help  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
Load minerals help
« on: June 03, 2014, 06:38:19 AM »
I noticed in the orders list I have an option for either "load x mineral" where x being the mineral type, and I can either fill my hold or set a specific amount to load. I also have a "load mineral where x available" where x being an amount I specify again.

Does this mean I can tell a freighter to load 2000 units of Sorium and it will wait at the planet until that amount has been reached before proceeding with other orders? Or does it mean the freighter will try to load 2000 Sorium, and if there is not enough it will skip that part and move on with the rest of the orders?

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
Re: Load minerals help
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 08:07:41 AM »
"load mineral where X available" tells a freighter to wait until it is possible to load all X units before moving on.

Offline Rich.h (OP)

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 08:32:43 AM »
Does it interrupt all following orders or will it simply put the ship on hold until it can fulfill the load order?

I'm hoping to use it as a way of loading a set amount of minerals and have the order set on a cycle but don't want to have to deal with constant event updates due to not being able to load a set amount.

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 08:43:02 AM »
No interrupts, it simply puts the ship on hold.

I used that order myself back in 5.x for more or less that purpose when using cycling freighters to replace mass drivers. The only reason I don't still use that strategy is I like to RP that moral effects commercial designs and there currently isn't a 'do shore leave' wait order.