Author Topic: v1.13.0 Changes Discussion Thread  (Read 46412 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v1.13.0 Changes Discussion Thread
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2021, 01:48:24 PM »
I assume it will now not possible to repair ships in normal shipyards, correct?

If not, has the displacement bug been fixed?

You can still repair as normal in naval and commercial shipyards. I've fixed the size bug as per the change log. Shipyards can no longer repair ships larger than their capacity and commercial shipyards can no longer repair military ships.

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2021, 02:00:02 PM »
I assume it will now not possible to repair ships in normal shipyards, correct?

If not, has the displacement bug been fixed?

You can still repair as normal in naval and commercial shipyards. I've fixed the size bug as per the change log. Shipyards can no longer repair ships larger than their capacity and commercial shipyards can no longer repair military ships.

Thanks, I did not read the changelog. My bad!

I really like the new addition.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #107 on: January 03, 2021, 02:13:12 PM »
What will the cost of Repair Yards be as you can build a Commercial Hangar station for around 1100 BP to service 10.000t I assume that repair yards will be at least this cheap as they will require people to operate but are a bit more flexible than a station in regards to upgrading them?

But if they become too expensive you probably still would settle for commercial hangar stations most of the time as they also can be towed to any point in space and repair ships as well.

Stations can't scrap ships but I don't think that is a huge drawback in general.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 02:25:33 PM by Jorgen_CAB »

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2021, 02:57:35 PM »
What will the cost of Repair Yards be as you can build a Commercial Hangar station for around 1100 BP to service 10.000t I assume that repair yards will be at least this cheap as they will require people to operate but are a bit more flexible than a station in regards to upgrading them?

But if they become too expensive you probably still would settle for commercial hangar stations most of the time as they also can be towed to any point in space and repair ships as well.

Stations can't scrap ships but I don't think that is a huge drawback in general.

They are the same cost as a commercial shipyard. As you say, they are very flexible because you can upgrade them and they can also scrap ships. Also, repairing significant damage in a commercial hangar uses a lot of MSP, which is a finite resource, whereas the repair yard uses minerals, like any other shipyard. Finally, they don't need any special technology so you can build them at the start of the game.

Offline Zincat

• Captain
  • Z
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2021, 03:17:19 PM »
This is a really great addition. No moe shipyards occupied for repairing or scrapping, plus since it's cheaper you can build and tow these to important places.

I love this change

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, Warer

Offline RougeNPS

• Lt. Commander
  • R
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2021, 11:09:04 PM »
Oh so i can create the full on equivalent to Kuat Drive Yards now? Awesome.  ;D

The following users thanked this post: Gabrote42

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2021, 11:09:15 AM »

They are the same cost as a commercial shipyard. As you say, they are very flexible because you can upgrade them and they can also scrap ships. Also, repairing significant damage in a commercial hangar uses a lot of MSP, which is a finite resource, whereas the repair yard uses minerals, like any other shipyard. Finally, they don't need any special technology so you can build them at the start of the game.

I think it's a decent idea, a useful addition for a major fleet base but not something you'd want or need dozens of.
I'd kind of like it to do overhauls as well (consuming minerals equal to the MSP cost), I think it would fit thematically although I understand why you didn't.

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2021, 07:32:24 PM »
I'd also kindof like if it was capable of overhaul though IMO it should probably be considered wasteful compared to using a maint facility.  Like, the repair yard that is capable of opening up a ships guts and pulling out and replacing major components could also conceivably do overhaul work, but its a waste of its time and should take up yard space while its ongoing (also IMO it should probably need MSP in order to conduct that kind of maintenance and just not have any innate ability to make MSP).  At any rate I think it would make logical sense that the yard would be capable of it.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2021, 08:40:35 AM »
Will  the new Repair Yard for v1.13 be able to scrap non-engined Tractorable Stations when these become obsolete and new versions have been introduced ?
( assuming the Yard tonnage is sufficient. )

DavidR

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2021, 12:17:16 PM »
Will  the new Repair Yard for v1.13 be able to scrap non-engined Tractorable Stations when these become obsolete and new versions have been introduced ?
( assuming the Yard tonnage is sufficient. )
DavidR

They function in every way as a normal shipyard, except they can't construct or refit ships.

Offline pwhk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
« Reply #115 on: January 17, 2021, 08:53:29 AM »
The 'Obso Comp' button on the Class window is only visible for race-designed components. It will not appear for basic components such as Bridge, Engineering, etc..
Does this apply to components like refueling systems, which are not designed but are directly upgraded by research?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 08:55:10 AM by pwhk »

The following users thanked this post: Napier

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2021, 09:42:32 AM »
The 'Obso Comp' button on the Class window is only visible for race-designed components. It will not appear for basic components such as Bridge, Engineering, etc..
Does this apply to components like refueling systems, which are not designed but are directly upgraded by research?

Good point - I've changed it so obsolete will be available for race-designed components or basic components with multiple generations.

The following users thanked this post: Demonides, pwhk, Solarlg

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #117 on: January 17, 2021, 11:11:14 AM »
Will the single-weapon fire controls be usable with all turreted versions of the weapon?

So could a fire control meant for a single gauss cannon also be used for a twin or quad-linked turreted version of said gauss cannon?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #118 on: January 17, 2021, 11:57:19 AM »
Will the single-weapon fire controls be usable with all turreted versions of the weapon?

So could a fire control meant for a single gauss cannon also be used for a twin or quad-linked turreted version of said gauss cannon?

Yes.

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #119 on: January 17, 2021, 12:10:43 PM »
The new fire at will option seems like it could save a lot of micromanagement for fighters and such.
Was that what motivated you to add it?