Author Topic: Choose the destinations of new jump points in SM?  (Read 2785 times)

Offline SpaceCowboy (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • S
Choose the destinations of new jump points in SM?
« on: May 03, 2020, 12:11:39 AM »
One thing I miss from the designer-mode in VB6 is the option to choose the destination star when exploring new jump points.  For RP reasons when I'm doing a Real Stars game, I like having Sol connect to Alpha Cen, Barnard's Star, etc. , and eventually having connections to sci-fi staples like Tau Ceti, Epsilon Eridani, Sigma Draconis.

Would it possible to move the old "Choose JP Dest. " checkbox into SM-mode on C#?

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Choose the destinations of new jump points in SM?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2020, 01:36:35 AM »
One thing I miss from the designer-mode in VB6 is the option to choose the destination star when exploring new jump points.  For RP reasons when I'm doing a Real Stars game, I like having Sol connect to Alpha Cen, Barnard's Star, etc. , and eventually having connections to sci-fi staples like Tau Ceti, Epsilon Eridani, Sigma Draconis.

Would it possible to move the old "Choose JP Dest. " checkbox into SM-mode on C#?

Can you not edit the system number a JP goes to in SM?  I thought I saw that option last time I was in System View.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2020, 03:05:46 AM »
I dont think it is currently possible, I was searching for it as well. You can change the position of jump point, but there is no option to select the destination.

Offline SpaceCowboy (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • S
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2020, 08:47:26 AM »
Yeah, it doesn't seem possible currently.

But, I also just realized that I posted this in the VB6 suggestions, and not the C# suggestion forum.  I'm going to repost over there, since I suspect few people look in here anymore.