Author Topic: Not Really A Suggestion  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Kurt (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Not Really A Suggestion
« on: November 02, 2009, 07:58:18 PM »
But I can't find any other place to post this.  

THANK YOU STEVE!

I jsut fought my first battle in the New Twin Moons Campaign, and it was outstanding.  Not knowing who was on the far side of the battle, or what their capabilities were, was really, really nerve wracking.  I had no idea if I had brought enough ships, and my mood went from apprehensive to concerned to really worried to over confident and then right back to really, really worried again.  

I really, really enjoyed that battle, and I'm looking forward to more.  

Kurt

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Not Really A Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 10:45:29 PM »
Quote from: "Kurt"

THANK YOU STEVE!

I jsut fought my first battle in the New Twin Moons Campaign, and it was outstanding.  Not knowing who was on the far side of the battle, or what their capabilities were, was really, really nerve wracking.  I had no idea if I had brought enough ships, and my mood went from apprehensive to concerned to really worried to over confident and then right back to really, really worried again.  

Thanks! I wanted to try and create the same type of feeling as when playing Harpoon, where you only know what your sensors tell you. With Aurora though there is even more uncertainty as alien races will have different ship designs in each game. I am playing a campaign myself at the moment where an NPR is giving me trouble and I only have very limited information on their numbers and capabilities. When they popped up in a totally unexpected place and blew away a civilian colony ship, it was extremely disconcerting :)

Steve

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 06:49:19 AM »
Steve..u must be borned in 1980:D..when am fought up pencil and paper on Traveller First Edition,Zhodani battles:))

grrrrrrr u think can u setup a "Zhodani" "Vargr" "Merseians" races?..u think r possible or trouble with trademarks on Marc W miller?

Offline Kurt (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 07:13:33 PM »
Quote from: "SteveAlt"
Quote from: "Kurt"

THANK YOU STEVE!

Thanks! I wanted to try and create the same type of feeling as when playing Harpoon, where you only know what your sensors tell you. With Aurora though there is even more uncertainty as alien races will have different ship designs in each game. I am playing a campaign myself at the moment where an NPR is giving me trouble and I only have very limited information on their numbers and capabilities. When they popped up in a totally unexpected place and blew away a civilian colony ship, it was extremely disconcerting :)

Steve

I really like this, especially for the uncertainty that this has introduced, both tactically and strategically.  Hmmm...encountered alien force, destroyed it, but what else is there?  It is hard to be bold when you face the possible loss of your entire force.  Again, good job!

Kurt

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 03:45:58 AM »
Steve,in Aurora feeling and appeal grewth very better.
The uncertain situation and "fog of war",and ur space r very HUGE,a single solar system can hold sure thousands ships silents and hidden...:)

thank you too me for u.