Author Topic: new research topic - Medicine & Robotics  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Seolferwulf (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
new research topic - Medicine & Robotics
« on: August 13, 2017, 03:12:37 AM »
Hello and welcome to another suggestion (or wish list. . . ) of mine :)

What I'd like to suggest is a new category for research - "Medicine & Robotics" - with a few new techs.

New techs:
• Combat Treatment Bots:
Medic bots become new standard equipment for infantry to support medics.
Up to 10-75% (depending on tech level) of the casualties from the last battle can be saved on death's bed, which then report back for duty.

• Emergency Treatment Bots:
Deadly accidents become less deadly due to improvements to hospitals' equipment.
Improves an accident victim's survival rate by up to 10-90% (dependent on tech level).

• Nanobots:
Nanobots become a standard treatment for various diseases and afflictions.
Increases your population's healthiness.

• Bio-Tech:
Spare parts for humans!
Turning people into cyborgs increases their life expectancy.
A person's average life span increases by 10% per level.

• Infantry Combat Potential Enhancement:
The other side of Bio-Tech - a soldier with a chainsaw instead of a hand is a frightening thing. . .
Increases offense and defense of ground units by <some moderate bonus> per level.

• AI supported systems:
Reduces personnel requirements for ship components by <small amount> per tech level.
//Would allow small ships to be completely AI controlled while bigger ships still needs a crew to be operated.

• Anti-Personnel Combat Bots / Stealth Bots:
Combat units, which can be loaded into missiles with an Injection-Head instead of a standard warhead.
When injected into an enemy ship Combat Bots proceed with their standard protocol, which is neutralizing the ship's crew while Stealth Bots either hijack a weapon system to use it against nearby enemy ships or destroy random ship systems until the crew manages to get rid of it.
//Having infantry or your own combat bots on board might be a nice counter.

New tech for Missiles:
• Injection-Head:
A drill shaped warhead for missiles, which comes with a small storage for something to inject.
It pierces through armor depending on missile size and tech level and is used to inject something unhealthy into enemy ships, like gas, anti-personnel bots, or stealth bots.
//Bigger and armored bissiles could show up more often with this.

What are your thoughts on this?

The following users thanked this post: superstrijder15

Offline superstrijder15

• s
Re: new research topic - Medicine & Robotics
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 03:27:27 AM »
Apart from the injectionhead infiltrator bots, I would consider this a good set of additions.  What do I not like about those last things? Well, they seem to require each ship in every fleet to have some of those bots or some ground troops with them as a counter, with ships not having those slowly getting destroyed by the bots.  And unlike boarding ships, you couldn't see the difference with a normal salvo and focus all fire on the attacker to prevent it.

They may be okay if it were a really bulky component which also was visible to all active sensors, so you could see instantly those missiles were injectors, while missiles with this would be slowed down or would become huge and thus an insane resource sink.

The following users thanked this post: Seolferwulf

Offline Seolferwulf (OP)

• S
Re: new research topic - Medicine & Robotics
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 04:16:47 AM »
Quote from: superstrijder15 link=topic=9648. msg103884#msg103884 date=1502612847
Apart from the injectionhead infiltrator bots, I would consider this a good set of additions.   What do I not like about those last things? Well, they seem to require each ship in every fleet to have some of those bots or some ground troops with them as a counter, with ships not having those slowly getting destroyed by the bots.   And unlike boarding ships, you couldn't see the difference with a normal salvo and focus all fire on the attacker to prevent it. 

They may be okay if it were a really bulky component which also was visible to all active sensors, so you could see instantly those missiles were injectors, while missiles with this would be slowed down or would become huge and thus an insane resource sink.

Thanks for your feedback :)

Seems like I wasn't very clear on injecting bots.
The crew should be able to combat and eventually get rid of them - infantry and combat bots simply would be more efficient in neuzralizing them, since they specialize in close-quarters combat.
The missiles would also need a certain size to even be able to penetrate the ships armor, otherwise they'd do nothing at all.  (the mechanism digging in kind of replaces the armor, since the mechanism eventually gives out and the whole missile clogs the digged hole).
In addition to that they'd need to be armored to get through PD.
All in all those missiles would become really bulky and slow.

The following users thanked this post: superstrijder15