Author Topic: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread  (Read 28947 times)

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
Re: v1.9.3 Bugs Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2020, 01:36:56 AM »
v1.9.3
Always occurs, trivial to reproduce.

Tactical map bugs still present since VB:

If you click on an object on the tactical map and try to drag it, the map will center on that object after the drag.
Clicking on a hidden asteroid centers the tactical map on that asteroid.
Together this makes dragging the tactical map in a dense asteroid field difficult.

Shift-clicking to measure distance from a body works correctly.

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2020, 01:44:40 AM »
Nvm, moved to suggestions.

I'm not exactly sure if it's a bug or WAI or if it should even be classified as a bug but tidal lock zone for Sol like star (1 solar mass) is 110 million kilometres. Isn't that a little too much?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 02:00:08 AM by Haji »

Offline Bubbaisagod

• Petty Officer
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2020, 01:50:54 AM »
I'm not exactly sure if it's a bug or WAI or if it should even be classified as a bug but tidal lock zone for Sol like star (1 solar mass) is 110 million kilometres. Isn't that a little too much?

Tidal locking depends on the planet's mass and its distance from its star.
For planets orbiting M-type stars, which are slightly smaller than our sun, the region where planets become tidally locked
overlaps with the so-called habitable zone, where water can remain as a liquid on a planet’s surface.

Info: space.com

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2020, 03:20:21 AM »

Offline Resand

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2020, 03:54:39 AM »
Random enough that I kind of think I'm missing something, but can't see what.

Mineral search window ignores Gallicite accessibility filter. Work fine on other minerals.

Edit: Adding this here, as I'm not sure it should count as a bug, but would like it changed :)

Academy commandant positions in the Commander screen is showing the different Military Academies by what body they are located on.
Shouldn't this show the name of the Academies in stead?

Seeing as we can rename them. Default name is "planet body" Academy anyways, so if you don't rename anything it will work as before, but once you got several on different bodies, it's a lot easier to remember which is which by the name you've given them.

Or maybe both?
There's several tabs in that view already for ships etc. So have it show "Level" "Name" "Body"
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 04:50:39 AM by Resand »
"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." - Gehm's Corollary

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2020, 06:05:06 AM »
If a scientist dies during a research project the progress of said project is no longer saved requiring starting from scratch. <-seems to have fixed itself. Or maybe it was something else.

Edit: If you change the name of a system in the "system generation and display" screen you can't switch to another system on the screen, you need to exit and enter it again, at least in SM mode.

Edit 2: I can't open the "mineral survey window" when I'm in the galaxy map.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 08:39:09 AM by Haji »

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2020, 06:15:14 AM »
TN start, real stars, decimal separator is dot. Two issues I encountered:

It seems that it is not possible to have more than 1 colony on body. If I try to create colony on body with CMC in System Generation and Display nothing happen, if I drop Installations od the body with CMC, they became part of the CM colony. Same with my own colonies, I am unable to have two separate colonies on same body.

Body with archeological dig is not listed in category Archeological Digs, in my game there are Abandoned installations on Titan, there is colony on Titan, but it is listed in Other Colonies (no installations were recovered yet, ruins are identified).

Offline Inglonias

• Lieutenant
  • I
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2020, 07:11:16 AM »
V 1.9.3 - One off bug. Probably possible to reproduce it, but I haven't yet.

An NPR managed to cause about eight different errors and I'm not sure how. I checked the database afterwards, and discovered that they had spawned Rakhas and a conventional NPR. I assume that one of those caused these errors to occur. The game seemed to continue as normal after that, but I panicked, restored from backup, and deleted the affected DB. Then I altered the game settings to prevent the starting NPR from generating more NPRs.

I wish I had recorded the exact errors, but I did not. I understand this is not a terribly helpful bug report.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 07:13:31 AM by Inglonias »

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2020, 08:07:28 AM »
It seems that commanders that are set as Story Characters do not get medals. I have civilian administrator since the begining of the game and he didnt get medal for 10 years of service, while others that I got later already have it.

TN start, real stars, decimal separator is dot.

Offline theplahunter

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2020, 08:08:23 AM »
Getting repeated Function #4 errors after I found a small alien population on a planet I terraformed.  The planet was previously uninhabited, because it was too cold and I terraformed it from a 2. 00 to a 0. 00.  After building up my colony, I had no sensors on it, but as soon as I sent over sensors I discovered new aliens, and a small population there.  They had no ships, or any other sort of tech.  When I sent ground forces, they had no military, and once I took them over, their portrait switched from their original one to mine.

And now every 30 days I get a function #4 error.  Even after I deleted the population on the planet and SM'd in communications.  I don't exactly know what's wrong.

Offline pwhk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2020, 08:16:31 AM »
v1.9.3
The "View Technology" Window does not update when I change empires using the top-left drop down in the window.

Offline Latrone

• Leading Rate
  • L
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2020, 08:25:22 AM »
Hey Steve, I've encountered a bug. 

Version 1.  9.  3
Decimal separator ".  "
Random stars
Ship design window

I was designing a tug that could pull my new terraforming station.   I tried searching for tug in the drop down menu, typed in tug, pressed enter and then it gave a prompt.   Function 2520: The objectereference is not set to a kind of object (rough translation).   
Then it promptly deleted all my ship designs as well as all of my ships. 
To cause the bug you have to select the drop down menu, it has to be dropped down and you have to type in it and press enter.   

p. s.
It seems to have also deleted all the fleets of the civilians
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 08:37:54 AM by Latrone »

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2020, 08:28:13 AM »
v. 1.9.3
In galactic map, when selecting 'Military Restricted System', it doesn't seem to make a difference whether you say no or yes in the confirmation window. The box will be checked in both cases.

Offline Demonius

« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2020, 09:56:08 AM »
very minor bug: a Starship Captain receives credit toward the "Discover X new star Systems" even when the unexplored jump Point he crosses first leads to a new Connection to a previously known System, which is technically not a newly discovered sysem.

The following users thanked this post: db48x

Offline pwhk

• p
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2020, 10:25:12 AM »
v1.9.3
If you refit a ship in a such a way that its Commander rank increases, the now underranked commander will stay at the position.

e.g. Having an old freighter having only the bridge, and the new design has an extra Auxiliary bridge added to it. After refit, the R7 commander stays as CO despite he is now underranked for the job, as the new ship would require R6 commander.