Author Topic: Multiple Races  (Read 1901 times)

Offline idefelipe (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Multiple Races
« on: April 09, 2013, 02:16:44 PM »
Hi all,

I've been reading in the forum looking for how to make two or more races to play with (like several AARs), but I can't find it.  I have tryed to create an empire in Mars but the athmosphere is not suitable and I don't know how to modify it.

Can you help me?

Thanks!

Offline kks

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Multiple Races
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 03:03:33 PM »
When you generate the game, you have to create a SM race instead the default player race. There is a box in the generation window which does this. After the game has been created you want to switch to SM-mode and generate a Sol-System (unless you don't want Sol, of course).
Then you have to go into system-view(F9) and click the create empire button you have already found. It must be a planet with either oxygen or methane. I think you could first create a colony with SM-race on the planet and change the atmosphere so it suits your needs. When creating the empire watch out to create a new race, too, except you have multiple human colonies fighting each other.
On the race overview window (the alien head) you can also change the species conditions later, if needed(give the a greater temperature range, set their temp midpoint, ...).

I hope I could help.

Offline oldark

• Petty Officer
  • o
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 03:08:51 PM »
I just figured this out this morning actually.  I created a game like normal and named my starting race SM RACE so I could tell them apart.   Once in game activate SM mode.  I'll post example of doing Mars, should work the same for any habitable planet.
-Create a colony on Mars (right click, populations->create colony)
-Open the economics window and click on the environment tab.
-Create your atmosphere here.
-Abandon the colony.
-goto F9 window
-Click Mars and hit the HW Minerals button (makes sure all minerals are available for race there)
-Click the Create Empire button.

I also abandoned Earth and created a new race there since I believe the SM race that you start can see everything the other races do. 

Offline Narc

• Able Ordinary Rate
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 03:51:16 PM »
Quote from: oldark link=topic=6071. msg62322#msg62322 date=1365538131
I also abandoned Earth and created a new race there since I believe the SM race that you start can see everything the other races do.
As far as I've been able to tell, the SM race is normal in that it can only see what it does. . .  but that naturally includes seeing the SM-generated systems created while it's the active race (as well as the SM instant geo- and grav-surveys, and so on).  Naturally, it really wouldn't do for the SM race to be playable.

Offline idefelipe (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 05:19:30 AM »
It works!!  ;D ;D ;D

thank you very much.

Offline Minarin

• Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 11:16:29 AM »
I plan to use this method to create some empires.  How do I ensure the computer controls them?