Author Topic: Underway Replenishment 1.9.5  (Read 1846 times)

Offline Fistandantillus7 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • F
  • Discord Username: Fistandantillus7#1567
Underway Replenishment 1.9.5
« on: May 21, 2020, 11:09:08 AM »
Is it just me doing something wrong or does underway replenishment not work? TO get a tanker to refuel another ship I have to remove all active orders and remove all standing orders and remove any conditional orders where the condition is currently true.  I have the 'Underway Replenishment 30% rate' technology, so that cannot be the problem.

I saw the following in the 1. 9. 5 bugs thread, so I am assuming underway replenishment is indeed broken, but since I am playing my very first game there is the possibility I am an idiot.
Quote from: Treahblade link=topic=11298. msg133784#msg133784 date=1589828109
Hey all, I seam to have found a bug in the in flight replenishment.   It seams like it stops transferring fuel to the target even though I have it researched to do so at 30%.   Do tankers need to be built after you research this or is this a tech that is just auto applied to all fleets that have tankers?

My example is a TUG moving a mining station that I also have a tanker along for the ride.   The tanker has a refueling system that can transfer 50k liters per hour and at 30% that should be 15,000 liters per hour.   If I check the fuel amount on the tanker its 3,757,321.   I advance time by 1 hour and its then at 3,757,321 ( no change ) and the tug is still loosing fuel.   I currently have the fleet at picket speed (1kms) to test this.   If I tell the fleet to stop and remove all the orders then refueling happens normally? I am sure this is not intended.   

No function
No error text
Fleet / Ship overview
Refueling a ship in transit.   - The tanker moved and joined the fleet that was already moving
Real Stars game.   
This game is currently in year 65
Very easy to reproduce just make a tanker have  Underway replenishment at less then 100% ( I only tested with my current tech level of 30%)

Offline DFNewb

• Captain
  • D
Re: Underway Replenishment 1.9.5
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2020, 11:40:18 AM »
I've had it work fine for me but I always researched the tech first before making the refueling ship. Maybe that matters?

Do you click the the drop down box in the fleet management screen and set the tanker to refuel same fleet?

Offline Treahblade

• Petty Officer
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 01:34:46 PM »
I posted about this in the main bug thread and indeed it does not work for me either and  yes I created the tankers before I had the tech. So I think maybe thats the kicker is that you need the tech before you build the tankers for it to work. Maybe we can just toggle tanker off and then on for the design for it to update?

Offline Fistandantillus7 (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • F
  • Discord Username: Fistandantillus7#1567
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 09:28:36 AM »
Quote from: DFNewb link=topic=11495. msg134307#msg134307 date=1590079218
I've had it work fine for me but I always researched the tech first before making the refueling ship.  Maybe that matters?

Do you click the the drop down box in the fleet management screen and set the tanker to refuel same fleet?
I do not remember for my first generation of tankers, but I definitely had the 30% underway tech when I designed and built my second generation of tankers.

Yes I did set my tankers to 'refuel same fleet'.  They refuel the fleet just fine but only if the fleet is idle.

The fleets I have tried to refuel have all been geosurvey ships that ran out of fuel.  They are 'underway' only in the sense that they have an active move order.  I have never tried to top up a moving ship with a partially full tank.  Maybe that distinction is the problem. 

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2020, 10:20:51 AM »
I do not remember for my first generation of tankers, but I definitely had the 30% underway tech when I designed and built my second generation of tankers.

Yes I did set my tankers to 'refuel same fleet'.  They refuel the fleet just fine but only if the fleet is idle.

The fleets I have tried to refuel have all been geosurvey ships that ran out of fuel.  They are 'underway' only in the sense that they have an active move order.  I have never tried to top up a moving ship with a partially full tank.  Maybe that distinction is the problem.

Well, yes.  If your ships run dry then you need to clear all orders to refuel them.  A ship with movement orders and no fuel is an error condition.  You need to give them enough fuel to carry out their current orders for the chosen increment before you can "underway" replenish them.