Author Topic: Fuel Harvestor Design  (Read 6486 times)

Offline AL (OP)

• Captain
  • A
Re: Fuel Harvestor Design
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2015, 03:40:46 AM »
So the one main question I still have is does crew morale affect fuel harvesting rate? Based on Vandermeer mentioning he used a recreational base with his harvester platforms I would assume that would be the case, but it would be good if someone could mention it explicitly (if only for future reference).

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2015, 05:18:20 AM »
I cannot say I am absolutely sure, but I think there is no influence from morale at all here. I just have these recreation modules, so the station can qualify as a gas stop. However, I also never really tested them without any... . Not because of fear it wouldn't work so well though, just because, you know, I could, because stuff is big already.

Someone else will have to  answer this clearly.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2015, 06:15:08 AM »
It doesn't matter, looking at my harvesters they have an intended deployment time of 6 months, the first 2 are upto 56 months. I might send them for some recreation soon :s.
Morale is down to 25%.
Looking a bit deeper, it seems after 6 months morale drops from 100%, it's down to 50% by 12 months, and 25% by 18 months, then perpetually stuck at 25%.
There's one other thing I've noticed, the morale is only properly visible from the task group window, on the individual unit details window every ship with less than a year deployed shows 100%  morale, every one with more than a year is showing 0%.
And as evidence that morale isn't affecting harvesting rate, every ship in the Barnards star swarm has 7% fuel load, surely those with double morale would be harvesting faster if it made a difference.
But to be honest I usually put long deployment times on my harvesters and send them for R&R  every few years.
I just didn't bother here because I was in such a pinch :p
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 06:28:05 AM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Rich.h

• Captain
  • R
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2015, 02:55:29 PM »
I was under the impression that the only thing effected by moral with regards to commercial vessels is surveying speed?

Offline AL (OP)

• Captain
  • A
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2015, 03:02:45 PM »
I thought it would affect CIWS too since that's more of a combat oriented module, and possibly other stuff that never makes a difference like jump recovery time for sensors.

Offline Prince of Space

• Lieutenant
  • We like it very much.
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2015, 11:50:33 AM »
I never use CIWS, personally, although I always intend to get around to it. Some snooping on the forums indicates that CIWS does take crew grade into account (http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=7832.msg79670#msg79670) which would mean CIWS fire is affected by morale (http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=4835.msg49967#msg49967).

Jump blindness duration would also be affected by morale since it it also dependent on crew grade (http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=2480.msg24501#msg24501). Not that I would expect it to come up often for a commercial fuel harvester.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2015, 11:57:24 AM »
I use CIWS almost religiously. It is affected by crew grade and moral, even on commercial ships.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.