C# Fiction > Gyrfalcon's Fiction

The Kingdom of Avalon - Comments Thread

(1/5) > >>

Gyrfalcon:
Well, I couldn't hold off on the idea - now watch Steve go ahead and drop the next big patch in the next week. That said, this is going to be slightly less ambitious then Terra Invictus (no early game ground combat) and slightly more focused on the space side of things. I hope that you enjoy the story to come.

rainyday:
This theme is awesome. Now I kind of need a full King Arthur retelling set in the BattleTech universe with mechs.

nuclearslurpee:

--- Quote ---Yet the Ancients were strong, and it seemed that it was an age that would last forever. But then the Cataclysm came. The Gates were abruptly shut, and could not be reopened. Earth was dependent on its daughter colonies and could no longer survive without them.
--- End quote ---

oh god it's contagious

--- Quote ---King Arthur did not live to see his dream of uniting the world fulfilled, but his eldest daughter would ascend as Queen of Avalon. Queen Guinevak would unite the last holdouts in the world-spanning Kingdom, once more making true the old claim of the British that the sun never set upon the Kingdom.
--- End quote ---

It used to be that every Aurora AAR inevitably became Warhammer, now it seems every Aurora AAR inevitably becomes British imperialism. So really nothing has changed then.

Interesting concept here, I'm curious to see how much interest will be derived from Yet Another Conventional Start AAR™ with this roleplay setting.

Gyrfalcon:

--- Quote ---It used to be that every Aurora AAR inevitably became Warhammer, now it seems every Aurora AAR inevitably becomes British imperialism. So really nothing has changed then.
--- End quote ---

Mostly in the ratio of grimdark/grimderp in the setting. I didn't want to rehash Romans in Space! yet, so here we are.

--- Quote ---Interesting concept here, I'm curious to see how much interest will be derived from Yet Another Conventional Start AAR™ with this roleplay setting.
--- End quote ---

The initial years are going to go by quickly, but I just can't rationalize regular starts to myself - why would a civilization build an entire navy and keep it in orbit without surveying and starting to exploit their home system in the meantime?

Icecoon:
What an interresting starting scenario! I hope the kingdom of Avalon can manage to survive the inevitable assault of Space Saxons  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version