C# Fiction > Gyrfalcon's Fiction

The Kingdom of Avalon - Comments Thread

<< < (2/5) > >>

El Pip:
I do like this concept and I agree that the idea of a fully formed battlefleet being built and then just floating around can be hard to RP. You do need some kind of prompt for it, like "The Ancients" or a violently destroyed ruin in the solar system. I look forward to the Knights of Avalon building the New Camelot in the stars.

--- Quote from: nuclearslurpee on October 10, 2022, 09:31:44 PM ---It used to be that every Aurora AAR inevitably became Warhammer, now it seems every Aurora AAR inevitably becomes British imperialism.
--- End quote ---
There definitely has been positive progress on this front.

nuclearslurpee:

--- Quote from: Gyrfalcon on October 11, 2022, 12:18:21 AM ---The initial years are going to go by quickly, but I just can't rationalize regular starts to myself - why would a civilization build an entire navy and keep it in orbit without surveying and starting to exploit their home system in the meantime?

--- End quote ---

For this reason I usually start with the home system surveyed in a full-bore TN start. This and often some SM changes to make the home system a bit more exciting.

--- Quote from: El Pip on October 11, 2022, 04:09:03 AM ---There definitely has been positive progress on this front.

--- End quote ---

It is progress but we need not be too hasty about assigning a plus or minus sign to it.

Garfunkel:
Very interesting background for the campaign! Looking forward to more.

Gyrfalcon:
So! Only a few more things to figure out and then time can start incrementing - mostly once I've figured out my ground unit designs (mostly done) and formations. And made sure that an Academy Commandant is assigned. And there are probably a few other tasks on my plate.

The biggest hurdle to starting an Aurora game for me is the preparation. There are so many background tasks that need to be assigned, configured, built, modified, etc. before you can properly jump into playing.

nuclearslurpee:

--- Quote ---
--- Code: ---Broadsword class Gunship (P)      3,997 tons
--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

The worst part is the abject refusal to put a few more fuel storages on this so it would be a nice, round tonnage, instead we have his utter atrocity albeit it will probably work okay I guess.

--- Quote ---Eventually, the debate was solved by dividing them by size - weapons smaller than 10t in displacement were missiles, while anything larger was a torpedo. It was a solution that pleased no one, which probably meant that it was the best solution possible.
--- End quote ---

This is clearly unassailable logic.

Nomenclature aside, all of these missile or torpedo designs are of course horrifying and atrocious, as is only fitting for the conventional era of gameplay.

Hopefully those maintenance facilities will go up sooner than later, otherwise our shiny new navy will immediately fall apart.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version