Author Topic: Semi-Official 7.x Suggestion Thread  (Read 174124 times)

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Semi-Official 7.x Suggestion Thread
« Reply #510 on: October 10, 2016, 09:43:21 AM »
I think that bioweapons should be added.  You could use them to kill the population of a planet without damaging the surface structures.  Also each species would need different biological agents to kill it.
There is a warhead tech line that enhances radiation while lowering damage done. This is essentially what you are asking for but balanced.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline totos_totidis

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #511 on: October 10, 2016, 10:04:14 AM »
Quote from: 83athom link=topic=8107. msg97904#msg97904 date=1476110601
There is a warhead tech line that enhances radiation while lowering damage done.  This is essentially what you are asking for but balanced.
Oh OK then.  What about adding a way for civilians to ship minerals from mining colonies and a way to automate your own mineral shipping with a conditional order.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #512 on: October 10, 2016, 10:06:49 AM »
Oh OK then.  What about adding a way for civilians to ship minerals from mining colonies and a way to automate your own mineral shipping with a conditional order.
All CMCs have a mass driver. You can order them to shoot the minerals across the system.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline totos_totidis

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #513 on: October 10, 2016, 10:17:04 AM »
Quote from: 83athom link=topic=8107. msg97907#msg97907 date=1476112009
All CMCs have a mass driver.  You can order them to shoot the minerals across the system.
I know I mean my mining colonies.  The Cargo ships are civilian.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #514 on: October 10, 2016, 10:19:06 AM »
I know I mean my mining colonies.  The Cargo ships are civilian.
Ah. No method currently implemented to automate civilian shipping to ferry minerals around. You have to wither put a mass driver on the source and destination, or have a repeating order for one of your own cargo ships (not civilian) to just go back and forth between the mining colony and the destination of the minerals.

Offline totos_totidis

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #515 on: October 10, 2016, 01:08:06 PM »
Quote from: 83athom link=topic=8107. msg97910#msg97910 date=1476112746
Ah.  No method currently implemented to automate civilian shipping to ferry minerals around.  You have to wither put a mass driver on the source and destination, or have a repeating order for one of your own cargo ships (not civilian) to just go back and forth between the mining colony and the destination of the minerals.
Yes i know.  I hope for this to be implemented in aurora 7. 2.

Offline Kytuzian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • K
« Reply #516 on: October 15, 2016, 05:28:25 PM »
In one of my games, I meant to add 14 ground units to an empire, but my finger accidentally hit the 3 right before I hit enter, and I added 143 Mobile Infantry Battalions instead, which mean I had to delete 129 units. An "Are you sure?" for SM stuff for high numbers--such as adding hundreds of ground units--would be greatly appreciated.

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #517 on: October 18, 2016, 05:29:15 AM »
Separate population names from body names. So you could have more distinguishable colonies.

Offline iceball3

• Captain
« Reply #518 on: October 18, 2016, 01:13:30 PM »
Separate population names from body names. So you could have more distinguishable colonies.
I think you're already able to rename the colony while keeping the planetary body named the same.

Online Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #519 on: October 18, 2016, 01:36:42 PM »

This is already in C# Aurora.

The following users thanked this post: AbuDhabi

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #520 on: October 19, 2016, 12:44:56 AM »
I think you're already able to rename the colony while keeping the planetary body named the same.

Sorta? The way it works in 7.1, is if you have, say, a population of Humans and a population of Smeerps on the same body, if you rename one population, you rename them both. I think it's tied to the planet, but the point is the populations share a name.

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #521 on: October 25, 2016, 01:06:44 AM »
If a theme is selected for a system and Real Stars are switched on, the theme will not be respected for adjacent systems - ie, the real name will be used, instead of the one generated according to theme, regardless of there being a theme set. I think this might be unintentional; after all, if you want the generic Wolf 235, Gliese 753, etc names, you would have switched the theme off. If themes were respected on Real Stars games, you could have real stars with automatic themed names, rather than the defaults.

Crossposting here from the Bugs thread, per suggestion.

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #522 on: October 29, 2016, 12:05:37 PM »
The current terraforming interface is a little cumbersome and prone to requiring micromanagement.

I propose the following improvement:
  • Have two atmospheric information blocks, one for currently factual, another for the intended atmospheric composition.
  • In the latter, have a SM-like atmosphere creation interface. Select gas and pressure, apply it to the intended atmosphere.
  • A new "terraforming active/inactive" dropdown or checkbox for setting the change production on and off.

See the mock-up I've made.

As for the algorithm, it could go something like:
Code: [Select]
terraforming_potential = planet.terraforming_pressure(time)
if (planet.terraforming_active) {
   for (gas in ALL_GASES) {
      if (planet.get_gas(gas).pressure != intended_atm.get_gas(gas).pressure) {
         needed = intended_atm.get_gas(gas).pressure - planet.get_gas(gas).pressure
         if (abs(needed) <= terraforming_potential) {
            terraforming_potential = terraforming_potential - needed
            planet.get_gas(gas).pressure = intended_atm.get_gas(gas).pressure
         } else {
            if (needed >= 0) {
               planet.get_gas(gas).pressure = planet.get_gas(gas).pressure + terraforming_potential
            } else {
               planet.get_gas(gas).pressure = planet.get_gas(gas).pressure - terraforming_potential               
            }
            terraforming_potential = 0
         }
      }
      if (terraforming_potential == 0) {
         break
      }
   }
   if (terraforming_potential == planet.terraforming_pressure(time)) {
      planet.terraforming_active = false
      events.add("desired atmospheric composition reached")
   }
}
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 12:11:19 PM by AbuDhabi »

The following users thanked this post: TMaekler

Offline AbuDhabi

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #523 on: October 31, 2016, 04:03:00 AM »
Orbital habitat modules should, perhaps, be loadable/unloadable just like cryogenic storage. And the population contributed to a planet would be dependent on how many people are loaded into a given module/ship. This would prevent certain silly things like moving habitats away from an inhospitable planet instantly killing everyone.

Offline baconholic

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • b
« Reply #524 on: October 31, 2016, 02:09:22 PM »
Assign/change planetary governor in the Population->Summary screen and ship commanding officer in the Individual Unit Details screen.