Author Topic: Trading Resources Across Jump Gates  (Read 1845 times)

Offline starshard0 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • s
Trading Resources Across Jump Gates
« on: October 24, 2012, 08:29:29 PM »
Do I have to do it manually with my freighters, or is there some way to set it up to ship them back to Earth automatically?

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Trading Resources Across Jump Gates
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 08:45:21 PM »
You need a freighter, but you can set up that freighter with a recycling order so it will continually ferry resources back and forth.

Offline starshard0 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • s
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 08:58:30 PM »
Won't that cause issues with regards to morale?

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 09:06:06 PM »
It will, but morale is largely a non-event for civilian ships. If you want you can put very large values for crew deployment times on civilian ships, it won't add much to their cost or size(as opposed to military ships for whom cost and size are at premiums).

Offline starshard0 (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • s
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 09:09:34 PM »
Awesome, thanks.  I don't particularly care about their morale, but it's annoying to have it pop up all the time.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 07:19:28 AM »
Awesome, thanks.  I don't particularly care about their morale, but it's annoying to have it pop up all the time.

Yes, I think I should probably only show morale messages for ships that will actually be affected by low morale

Steve

Offline varsovie

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • v
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 12:07:48 AM »
Quote from: Nathan_ link=topic=5467. msg56148#msg56148 date=1351130766
It will, but morale is largely a non-event for civilian ships.  If you want you can put very large values for crew deployment times on civilian ships, it won't add much to their cost or size(as opposed to military ships for whom cost and size are at premiums).

So what's the point then to be able to choose their deployment time? Everybody will use the minimum (0. 01 months).  I think civilian ships should have no moral and a fixed "crew module amount", since crew moral change nearly nothing and otherwise their is no point choosing anything above the minimum.

Same for PDCs, you save a lot of space (15ish%) by choosing 0. 01 deployment over the standard 3 month.  Since that with the new rules deployment on a non-colonized world is useless (event at 600 month the moral will start to fall someday), the crew accommodation ratio should be locked.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 02:07:52 AM »
So what's the point then to be able to choose their deployment time? Everybody will use the minimum (0. 01 months).  I think civilian ships should have no moral and a fixed "crew module amount", since crew moral change nearly nothing and otherwise their is no point choosing anything above the minimum.

Same for PDCs, you save a lot of space (15ish%) by choosing 0. 01 deployment over the standard 3 month.  Since that with the new rules deployment on a non-colonized world is useless (event at 600 month the moral will start to fall someday), the crew accommodation ratio should be locked.

civ ships do have a fixed crew amount(3 months) and no morale as it has virtually no effect on them. If you want to roleplay it put in more, if you want to minmax it reduce everything to minimums, no one is stopping you either way.

Offline Jikor

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2012, 08:56:09 AM »
Steve mentioned in the notes for 6.2 he would be removing the deployment time messages on civillian ships that it wouldn't affect.
No Morale Message for Unaffected Ships

This is a v6.20 change.

Morale messages will now only be shown for ships that are likely to be affected by low morale. This includes armed ships and survey ships. As a reminder, morale modifies crew training and fleet training scores, so the factors affected by low morale are:

Weapon accuracy
Survey speed
Maintenance failures
Transit delays for weapons/sensors
Speed of response to orders during combat

So freighters, colony ships, fuel harvesters, terrafomers, jump gate construction ships and all the other 'commercial' type classes, are very unlikely to be affected by morale. Aurora has its own internal classification for designs based on what they contain, so if you decide to put a weapon on a terraformer for example, Aurora will class that as a warship for the purposes of determining whether to show morale messages.

Steve
http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,4835.msg56433.html#msg56433