Author Topic: Adding Wrecks from SM  (Read 1296 times)

Offline Whitecold (OP)

• Commander
  • W
Adding Wrecks from SM
« on: August 05, 2013, 12:12:41 AM »
Hello, for my scenario I'd like to add some wrecks to salvage to some planets I have fitted with ruins, but somehow I can't create ships from the SM Race to wreck them, any way of doing this trick?

Offline Nightstar

• Lt. Commander
  • N
Re: Adding Wrecks from SM
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 12:33:35 AM »
Fast OB creation (shift f9) should work. However, if you want to create them from the SM race, you'll need to have designed the ships in the SM race. If that doesn't work, something's odd.

Offline Whitecold (OP)

• Commander
  • W
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 03:51:48 AM »
I tried fast OOB from the SM race, the problem is I can't make a TG to add those ships to, whenever I click new TG I get an error, I also tried create TG from Branch from the OOB.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 06:13:40 AM »
The sm race may well have all kinds of problems.  It is designed to do 1 thing which is to allow you to create planetary systems for a random start game.  You may end up needing to create a different race (call it sm-proto or whatever) to design the ships in.  When you are done creating all the goodies you want to leave in different places you just need to destroy their home world colony.  Do not delete the race as this will delete everything associated with the race including ships.

Brian

Offline Whitecold (OP)

• Commander
  • W
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 04:43:08 AM »
Thank you, the trick with the new race worked without a hitch.