Author Topic: Load colliers  (Read 2241 times)

Offline Barkhorn (OP)

• Commodore
  • B
Load colliers
« on: June 24, 2014, 08:54:09 PM »
I'm sure I'm missing something, but I can't figure out how to load two colliers of the same class with different ammo.  The load ordinance order just loads whatever the default is.

I guess I could just split the ammo between them both, but then I'll still have a problem in the future.  I won't be able to have a standardized collier class for different fleet structures.  For instance, I won't be able to have dedicated colliers carrying anti PDC missiles for nuking planets in one fleet, yet have colliers of the same class with ASM's and AMM's in another fleet.

Offline NihilRex

• Lieutenant
  • N
Re: Load colliers
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 09:04:51 PM »
Unfortunately, you either have multipledesigns, or load by hand, or constantly change the loadout as they reload.

Offline Wolfius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • W
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 09:19:31 PM »
One work-around might be having several identical designs, maybe even one for each ship you want to build; just hit the copy class and rename buttons and you're done.

You'd be able to build them all from the same shipyard without retooling, and specify loadouts individually. A bit clunky, but it ought to work.

Offline Barkhorn (OP)

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 10:27:10 PM »
Good idea wolfius, will do that.

Should be an option in the individual ship details though, in my opinion.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 04:47:41 AM »
Unfortunately, you either have multipledesigns, or load by hand, or constantly change the loadout as they reload.

You can use the ammo management section on the F6 ship window for ad hoc loadouts. You can get to that screen by double-clicking the ship in the F12 fleet window.

Offline Barkhorn (OP)

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 12:18:26 PM »
Found it, thanks Steve.

Offline NihilRex

• Lieutenant
  • N
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 12:32:57 PM »
You can use the ammo management section on the F6 ship window for ad hoc loadouts. You can get to that screen by double-clicking the ship in the F12 fleet window.

That is the Load By Hand option, sorry, I was remiss in providing directions.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 09:55:15 PM »
prefered loadout templates would be useful, but would you want to handle that on a ship by ship basis? or in the orders section?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 10:00:33 PM by Nathan_ »

Offline Barkhorn (OP)

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 10:17:57 PM »
There should be templates by class.  Ideally it'd work like this.  The default loadout process would be the same it is now, in class design, with an option to save and name a loadout template.  Then, on the task group order screen, you'd have an option to load each template.  The templates would be for a whole class.  Mostly this would only be useful for colliers, I can't see many reasons you'd want varying loadouts on warships of the same class.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2014, 06:32:14 AM »
I can't see many reasons you'd want varying loadouts on warships of the same class.

I usually have two different size-1 missile series: one with a 1pt warhead for typical AMM use, and another (slower, longer range) with a heavier (2-4 pt) warhead that can serve in a dual ASM role.

Depending on the opposition I might expect, I would want different loadouts.

John

Offline Wolfius

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • W
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 09:59:21 AM »
I usually have two different size-1 missile series: one with a 1pt warhead for typical AMM use, and another (slower, longer range) with a heavier (2-4 pt) warhead that can serve in a dual ASM role.

Depending on the opposition I might expect, I would want different loadouts.

John

I occasionally use dual-purpose missiles, too, tho always opt for a strength 4 warhead as that'll punch through a single layer of armour and do one point of internal damage - great for dealing with large numbers of fighters and FACs. Strength 3 will just cut a 3-wide chunk out of the first layer of armour.

Tho I've not really bothered with setting default loadouts and generally manage missiles manually as I don't find it much of a bother.