Author Topic: System Access issue? Security Status?  (Read 973 times)

Offline shock (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
System Access issue? Security Status?
« on: December 06, 2020, 04:04:20 PM »
Recently conquered a system that was under an others races control.   The system won't appear in the auto-route list.   Also the salvage standing order says there are no destinations, when there are wrecks in the system.   The system does not have military restricted access or block fleet movement turned on.

The only thing i could find is turning on "security status" have a number appear for that system in the galaxy map.   However i can't seem to find any info what security status means, as all i find are a few threads back from 2012 talking about it impacting civilian ships.   I tried moving military ships into the system, but my whole navy is less then 1/10 its value.   Assuming it is "security status" causing this issue how do you get rid of it?

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
Re: System Access issue? Security Status?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 04:33:26 PM »
Did you set the system to alien control? Did the fleets that were affected have "exclude alien controlled" checked?

For the former make sure that you set it back to your control. For the latter uncheck it if it is checked and it should appear.

Offline shock (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 04:59:17 PM »
Ya i did switch it back to my control from alien control, and none of the fleets where ever set to "exclude alien controlled"

From double checking i noticed the "check danger rating" fleet option which unchecking it allowed them to move into the system normally.  Why the same thing is called danger rating and security status in different screens is confusing.  So will danger rating/security status effect civilian sector?  If so how do you counteract it?

Offline Zap0

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2020, 05:04:40 PM »
Afaik you have to station enough PPV in the system to have a higher rating than it's danger rating, just like you said. Otherwise there may be no recourse but waiting for the number to naturally decay until your civvies will go there again.

Offline shock (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2020, 06:02:49 PM »
hmm, except it seems to be different then PPV,  I got a fleet of 29 ships, with 50 to 100ppv each.  However the galaxy view only shows it providing a value of 16 for the security.  The danger rating is 1736, so there no way to match it, would need like 4000 warships.

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2020, 06:52:53 PM »
hmm, except it seems to be different then PPV,  I got a fleet of 29 ships, with 50 to 100ppv each.  However the galaxy view only shows it providing a value of 16 for the security.  The danger rating is 1736, so there no way to match it, would need like 4000 warships.

What hostile forces were initially present in this system?

Offline shock (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • s
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 07:00:58 PM »
Not that i am aware of, as i did survey the whole system, and have been shipping in infrastructure, with 0 contacts.

The danger value has now dropped down to 1096, and i still have value of 16.  However the text color changed from red to white, so maybe its a visual bug and it has ppv of 1600 but it is only showing 16 (which would be around the ppv of all the ships in the system)