Author Topic: Terraforming Base not working  (Read 902 times)

Offline dersavage (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
Terraforming Base not working
« on: January 03, 2021, 07:24:44 AM »
It seems my first monster station Terraforming base is total waste of my resources, because it wont work.  It seems I need some components, but how to fix it.  I lost like half-a-decade before I checked that this is not working.  Oh boy. . .  Still so much to learn. . .

Leonardo Da Vinci class Terraforming Base      253,728 tons       1,036 Crew       5,458. 9 BP       TCS 5,075    TH 0    EM 0
1 km/s      No Armour       Shields 0-0     HTK 138      Sensors 6/0/0/0      DCR 1      PPV 0
MSP 13    Max Repair 500 MSP
Lieutenant Commander    Control Rating 1   BRG   
Intended Deployment Time: 3 months   
Terraformer: 10 modules producing 0. 004 atm per annum

Chan-Reeves Weapon Systems CIWS-160 595t (2x4)    Range 1000 km     TS: 16,000 km/s     ROF 5       
Weston Electronics Industries Thermal Sensor TH1. 0-6. 0 50t (1)     Sensitivity 6     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  19. 4m km

This design is classed as a Commercial Vessel for maintenance purposes
This design is classed as a Space Station for construction purposes

Offline kilo

• Lt. Commander
  • k
Re: Terraforming Base not working
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2021, 07:54:39 AM »
It looks good to me. It is very much half my terraformer + some CIWS for role play reasons. I guess it is not the ship but how you use it and this is how it is done:

1. tractor it to it's destination with some sort of tug
2. release it there
3. go to the planet's environmental tab and choose the gas you want to work on
3a. type in a quantity you desire X.Y atmospheres
3b. check the add gas box if you want to add to this limit, uncheck if you want to reduce to this limit.
4. wait 2 decades and do the next gas. Temperature takes the longest most of the time, but pressure can be really nasty.

Offline dersavage (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • d
Re: Terraforming Base not working
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 11:07:27 AM »
Ok, that's odd.  I probably missed the summary windows I was looking this to add terrafirming installations.  But it's under the Orbital Terraforming Modules.  I was afraid that these machine needs habitat module etc.