Author Topic: Sugestions (mostly) regarding oficer customization  (Read 2018 times)

Offline mobotium (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • m
Sugestions (mostly) regarding oficer customization
« on: September 09, 2011, 03:54:25 AM »
So, Ive been doing a game starting with three difrent races and a relatively complex militaristic government and got a couple of ideas that would simplify this kind of game, mostly.     

1- Button to remove certain medals from a officer, probably by selecting the medal in the award medal screen and pressing the button.       This could be complemented by a remove all medals from oficer and a remove all medals from all oficers buttons.     
Usefull for those like me who misclick far too much.     

2- Auto award sistem: Basicaly, a sistem which awards certain medals when the oficer completes a certain condition/s.       Possibly a similar sistem that would instead remove the medals.       This would, for example, be usefull for automaticaly giving some kind of status crest to those who achieve a higher rank, while removing those from lower ranks.       It would also be nice to have several medals on the same condition and have the game randomly choose which one is given.     

ex: on officer recruitment:

20% receive award human noble
60% receive award human
20% receive award human high noble

and stuf like that.     

Currently one can do this using dice rolls and manual insertion, but this would simplify it.     

3- Increase max award description size- self explainatory.     

4- Unreachable military positions- I like to have my "empire leaders" in a single position, at the top.       It would be a bit lame if eventualy I got 10+ Grand Marchals and they started flowing into my rulling class.       Of course, with the ammount of officers that would be needed, I cant begin to imagine the time that would take, but just to be sure.      .      .       (and also for those who dont use 11 military ranks.      .      .      )

5- Important people- Probably a sm option, this button would allow you to make that single officer not suffer from medical injuries, or at least not be removed from the rank if he recieved them.       Possibly coupled with a make oficer immortal (of old age) button.       Usefull for your emperor (who probably wouldent abandon his rank just because he broke his leg) and for RP purposes (super imortal/long lived race).     

6- Skill awards- sm option.       Would allow you to design awards that gave certain increases to the officer's capabilities.       These boosts may or  may not count towards the promotion bonus.       Usefull for racial awards.       (though you could just give those to officers wich have those skills naturaly)

7- Strange alien trinkets- would have a small chance of being located in alien ruins, would provide a certain oficer with a bonus or penality when given to them, wich would only be revealed when given.       Most should only be cosmetic though.       Others would make the officer never get sick.       Or kill him instantly.       Fun.     
They would either be impossible to reverse engenier or have a very small chance of a succecefull one (they are, after all, extremely small and condenced pieces of alien tecknology).     
There should also be a chance that the officer this is assigned to would decide to sell it for massive profit on the black market.       This would be randomly decided based on current rank at time of assignment, and if it was determined that he would sell it, there would be a chance of him doing so at the begining of every month.       This could be coupled with a corruption rating if/when it is available.     

8- Mass Drivers- An option to choose the minerals you want to send, instead of just "all".     My planets tend to be highly specialized in terms of industrial production and the current option realy doesent suit this kind of gameplay.     Possibility of sending to several destinations at the same time would be usefull too.   

9- Setting up civilian contracts for minerals, ship parts, missiles and what ever- Prety self explainatory.    Even if ship parts or missiles wouldn't be allowed due to military regulations, at least minerals should.   

10- Colonization contracts- as it stands, its quite difficult to set up a mass colonization program using civilian ships without serious micromanagement.   I propose that the behavior of colony ships would be altered so that they only pick up colonists when theres a planet, somewere, wich is a destination for colonists of that particular race.   Otherwise, they would remain idle and wait for a work opurtunity to present itself.   In the case this opportunity would find itself canceled, they would drop that last boatload of colonists and return to being idle. 

A contract system would also be usefull.   Basicaly, the government would pay bonus money for companies to publicize and colonize certain planets to a certain max population, above wich the contract would finish.   The companies would decide which possible colonies to go to based on expected travel time between the closest emigration colony and the imigration colony and the bonus they would receive.   These bonus would have the option to be permanent (ex: you put a bonus of 200 per 20.  000 colonists to a max of 1.  000.  000 colonists.   A colony ship with 100.  000 capacity would make 10 travels and receive 200 in each, for a total of 2000 in bonus) or retardatory (ex: you put a 50% retardatory bonus of 200 per 20.  000 colonists to a max of 1.  000.  000 colonists.   Your previously stated colony ship will take the first boatload of colonists and recieve the 200, but the second load would only be worth 100, the third 50, etc, for a total of about 400.  ), this would allow you to artificialy set up a sistem where the companies try to keep spreading colonists on all emigration colonies, as well as set up priority destinations for whatever reason. 

/EDIT/: removed a sugestion someone already made.     
/EDIT2/: added a couple new sugestions.   
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 05:58:45 PM by mobotium »

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
Re: Sugestions (mostly) regarding oficer customization
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 06:57:04 AM »
I like the ideas, although I personally don't play with officers too much. Stuff like this might change that though.
Also: It's 'system', not 'sistem'  ;)

Offline symon

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 06:49:17 AM »
This sort of customization sounds like it would be incredibly useful.
"You fertility deities are worse than Marxists," he said. "You think that's all that goes on between people."

Roger Zelazny, Lord of Light. 1971.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 04:50:46 PM »
8- Mass Drivers- An option to choose the minerals you want to send, instead of just "all".   My planets tend to be highly specialized in terms of industrial production and the current option realy doesent suit this kind of gameplay.   Possibility of sending to several destinations at the same time would be usefull too. 

I have heard mention that steve is planning to implement more logistical options for minerals-- including civilian transport of minerals!

Sadly, he's spending all his valuable time on this so-called NEWTONIAN business.  Newton is a nincompoop!  :)

Offline mobotium (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 06:08:54 PM »
Hum. . .  how exactly do I get rid of this . . . . . .  ? Its kinda anoying.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 08:33:47 PM »
Hum. . .  how exactly do I get rid of this . . . . . .  ? Its kinda anoying.

Get rid of what?

Offline mobotium (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 03:06:19 AM »
The big spaces around the dots perhaps?

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 03:07:07 AM »
Might be a system to prevent you from posting links, as you have a low post count.

Offline mobotium (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 03:17:43 AM »
hu.  Makes sence I guess.

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2011, 10:41:02 AM »
I think if you use a comma ( , ) instead of a fullstop you can get around this problem and still display large numbers like in your origional post. Still is a problem if you need to display a decimal though.

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2011, 06:04:57 PM »
You've got 10 posts now so it should stop...