Author Topic: Interrupt notifications?  (Read 1454 times)

Offline sonofliberty (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • s
Interrupt notifications?
« on: March 23, 2012, 06:35:31 AM »
So we have all of these interrupts for various reasons. Am I the only one who has trouble figuring out what some of them are for? Would it be possible to get a pop-up or maybe a log entry of some kind telling us what is happening? Like a research finishing, or movement orders completed or whatever?

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Interrupt notifications?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 08:42:28 AM »
Have you opened the events window  (ctrl-F2 IIRC)?  This gives you a log message for each event that affects your race.  For events affecting other races (which you shouldn't know about due to fog-of-war) you would need to turn on SM mode to see them.

John

PS - Please read the "Where should I post" FAQ.  It encourages people to put new user questions in The Academy (to improve visibility of Steve's posts in Mechanics) and to not start new threads in Suggestions (since Steve will lose track of them after reading them).  Thanks!

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • s
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 08:46:15 AM »
Thanks for the info. No I did not read that post in the FAQ. I will look more closely at it. I am one who tends to dive in until I hit a wall and then I ask questions.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 12:09:59 PM »
Have you opened the events window  (ctrl-F2 IIRC)?  This gives you a log message for each event that affects your race.  For events affecting other races (which you shouldn't know about due to fog-of-war) you would need to turn on SM mode to see them.

John

PS - Please read the "Where should I post" FAQ.  It encourages people to put new user questions in The Academy (to improve visibility of Steve's posts in Mechanics) and to not start new threads in Suggestions (since Steve will lose track of them after reading them).  Thanks!

Ctrl-F3 for the event log. :)

Offline Moonshadow101

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 03:00:55 PM »
I think it's still a valid suggestion.  In my experience, turning on SM mode/view only reveals new information about a tenth of the time.  In the vast majority of instances, it doesn't help, and you're still lost for an explanation.  

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • s
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 03:42:30 PM »
It is a lot better than no information at all, which is what I was working with before. It's all good.