Author Topic: Conditional Events for Aurora 2  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Geoffroypi (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • G
Conditional Events for Aurora 2
« on: April 27, 2012, 06:26:20 AM »

hi, :)

Anyone has ever played one of the europa universalis or crusader kings 2 (a great game !) knows what i'm thinking about.
I have quite a lot of suggestions in mind but i think this one is more feasible (in term of programming) and could add a lot of gameplay at a lower cost.
I think  by creating "only" the tool for making the events, users could easily edit a (hypotetical) text file where all events are stored (like in EU) and make their own events, and eventually share them to the aurora community.
In my opinion this feature whould be a new step because it would allow simple users to be involve in the game development. Now it is very common to see modders make incredible works! Dwarf fortress like many other games has a modding community, what about aurora 2 ?

It might be interesting to have events trigerred by population dissent, component failure, political intrigues, worker strike. Or even more rares event like sun/magnetic/telluric/ect... suractivity/other  (do i warn the population tell them to stay at home or in a shelter, slowering(!?) the economy. Or do i lie to them (political reliability) risking their lifes, making them unhappy)
Some very very rare event might deal with surnatural events (or unexplained), leading to a big event chain.
Events might be associated to people (people traits, skill name ect... could be exploited), I will stop with exemples for now, because i think you already understood the thing ^^ But as you can see the possibilities are quite huge !

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
Re: Conditional Events for Aurora 2
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 03:37:37 AM »
Steve has limited programming time another game in the works is endless space might be an idea for that.  Of course if it ever got off the ground could work, that and the kickstarter project games that are prolifterating