Author Topic: Minor Disaster  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Minor Disaster
« on: December 28, 2009, 07:48:19 AM »
Unfortunately I suffered a corruption today in the master database for Aurora and it is unrecoverable. Visual Basic blew up on me and after I Ctrl-Alt-Deleted out, Access wouldn't let me open the database. Unrecognised format, invalid password and no repair possible. Double unfortunately, I hadn't backed it up since December 12th, which is particularly frustrating as I usually back up much more often and I let my good habits slide in the run up to Xmas. While the code changes are intact for bug fixes and changes such as drones and bringing back the ordnance/fighter factories, etc., the matching database fields and required data aren't there so I going to have to try and figure out what I changed - mostly by trial and error. As some of the missing data and fields won't cause a problem until I do someting specific (or might cause a problem that is invisible in the short-term), this may result in bugs re-appearing that I thought I had fixed and new functions having annoying errors. I will have to do quite a lot of playtesting before I can think about releasing a new version :)

Steve

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
Re: Minor Disaster
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 09:18:40 AM »
That sucks, a lot. I was looking forward to seeing Plucky NPR's last stand! And the second chance campaign was coming along nicely :(