Author Topic: The Siliconate War: Damnatio et Memoriae  (Read 14236 times)

Offline coldsteel

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Siliconate Wars
« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2007, 12:47:20 AM »
Quote from: "kdstubbs"
Sounds like that could be fun, you could almost write the back story of the Silicoids from their perspective, and then write up their wars against the dastardly Romans.  It would be interesting to see how you switched perspectives from Romans to Silicoids.  

Kevin

THAT would be cool.....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by coldsteel »
ziggy zoggy ziggy zoggy oi oi oi!
<chug>

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
(No subject)
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2007, 10:25:32 PM »
Quote from: "??rgr?mr"
Thanks for the comments gents, I appreciate them.  8)

Cheers, ??rgr?mr

??rgr?mr, you've already created a vivid world.  The SA campaign should only have been a the catalyst of the stories.  If you need too, flesh it out in a new database...and back it up.  

As kdstubbs suggested, submit it to magazines.  Try Baens Universe.  Post in the Slushpile in Baens Bar.  Get feedback.  But don't give up on it.  

I know good writing when I read it, and yours is good.  You put me on those battlefields, in those ambushes, on the decks of those ships...only good writing does that for me.  

As I recall,  you said you've used Prefect for gaming the ground combat.  I've gotten the impression that you've used Centurion for gaming some of the more detailed pieces as well.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Charlie Beeler »
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Þórgrímr (OP)

• Rear Admiral
    • The World of the Gunny
(No subject)
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2007, 11:57:45 PM »
Quote from: "Charlie Beeler"
??rgr?mr, you've already created a vivid world.  The SA campaign should only have been a the catalyst of the stories.  If you need too, flesh it out in a new database...and back it up.  

As kdstubbs suggested, submit it to magazines.  Try Baens Universe.  Post in the Slushpile in Baens Bar.  Get feedback.  But don't give up on it.  

I know good writing when I read it, and yours is good.  You put me on those battlefields, in those ambushes, on the decks of those ships...only good writing does that for me.  

As I recall,  you said you've used Prefect for gaming the ground combat.  I've gotten the impression that you've used Centurion for gaming some of the more detailed pieces as well.

Charlie, thanks for that compliment, it made me realise I have hit the mark I was aiming for, to help the reader immerse themselves in my fantasy of Roma Aeterna.

Would you believe I had submitted Assault of the IV Ala to Baen's Universe? I have not heard a word about it, and I recieved a grand total of one comment on it.  :D

But I have a preliminary framework for the continuation of the Siliconate war. And in the coming stuff, especially when the Romans finally take the war to the Rockheads I will do more from the Rockhead POV.  :wink:

Cheers, ??rgr?mr
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by Þórgrímr »
Sic vis pacem, para bellum
If you want peace, prepare for war