Author Topic: The Kingdom of Light (Mapless Challenge)  (Read 151 times)

Offline hyramgraff

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
The Kingdom of Light (Mapless Challenge)
« on: February 01, 2018, 11:04:05 PM »

Offline Caplin

• Sub-Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Light (Mapless Challenge)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 11:12:16 PM »
I look forward to watching the light of the kingdom spread from star to star.

Offline hyramgraff

• Chief Petty Officer
    • View Profile
Re: The Kingdom of Light (Mapless Challenge)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 12:56:39 AM »
From the records of the kings:

The First of January in the Fifth year of the Glorious Era:

Today marks the start of a new chapter in the history of our kingdom.  Today I will give the order to launch our first interstellar ships and we will begin our search for new worlds from which our Light can shine.

Before I get ahead of myself, I must record some of the more mundane decisions that will be implemented today.  First, I have named Jody Troung as the new governor of Earth.  I believe that he will be able to increase the yield from our sixty mines.  I have also ordered the construction of five new mines to boost our production of Duranium and Sorium.

I have also given new instructions to my top scientists.  Jamar Francis will be leading research into increasing the effective range of our lasers, Anthony Beauchamp will be leading research into better armor for our ships, Isaac Ruffini will be leading research into a ship module for transporting troops, and Kenton Cipollone will be leading research into improving the speed of our terraforming equipment.

I have placed Danita Washell in charge of our naval forces.  She will be overseeing the captains of our two Essex class destroyers (the Canary and the Cockatoo) and our two Lexington class grav-survey ships (the Nicolaus Copernicus and the Tycho Brahe).  I have also ordered the construction of two new Essex class ships (the Blackbird and the Eagle) that will eventually accompany our survey ships into new systems.

((OOC: Overall I got some good RNG in this setup.  A scientist with an energy weapons specialization is pretty much a must have for this setting and a logistics specialization will be nice to have if we find any ancient ruins.  Our one shipyard also turned out to be a 8k ton capacity naval shipyard that can build both of our two starting ship classes.  One of my early priorities will be building a commercial shipyard and then making it large enough to build geo-survey ships and then cargo ships.

One area where I didn't get good RNG was the allocation of the initial research points.  Lots of RP got spent on missile research and noting was spent on energy weapons.  My destroyers have a max range of 30k km, but since I was only planning on using them defensively I'm hoping that will be enough.))

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52