Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 213043 times)

Offline 22367rh

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • ?
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2016, 02:22:14 PM »
From the Industry/Population/Research screen if I accidentally click on the solar system name it locks up & crashes my entire game.

Would you be able to chuck in some specific error handling to cover such events?

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2016, 02:16:02 PM »
Some civil ships still sometimes get morale problems, when they obviously shouldn't care.

The design has 3 months deployment time etcetc., nothing I can see that causes this. I also had this problem 6.4 with fuel harvester bases randomly having these morale issues, when however absolutely identical designs in the same task group even did not complain about falling to 25%. Weird stuff.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline Ostia

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • O
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2016, 02:39:58 PM »
Commercial ships ignore maintenance, not morale.

Morale on commercial ships mostly affects survey ships. Everyone else can life on over filtered air and water.  :)

Offline Vandermeer

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #93 on: January 12, 2016, 04:39:16 PM »
I must admit, I have never seen the effect of morale on surveys myself (since I only use small military ones), so I did not know they could be affected.(does this also influence the cargo loading?)
But one thing is clear: the nervy log spam about their morale is something that should not be there, especially considering that only some ships do it.
playing Aurora as swarm fleet: Zen Nomadic Hive Fantasy

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #94 on: January 12, 2016, 08:47:50 PM »
I need help with a bug.  When I go to Galactic Map, all the systems are joined in just one or two points.  I mean, there are not lines and the system map doesnt exist because all discovered systems are together.
The jumbled Galactic map after new system discovery isn't a bug. See http://aurorawiki.pentarch.org/index.php?title=Galactic_Map#Organizing or use the ingame help button on top.

Offline Threndor

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
« Reply #95 on: January 12, 2016, 09:02:50 PM »
I have an issue with Cargo ships not being able to load cargo. 

In my first game, I had done a LOT of cargo movement (terraformed Luna, had colony on Mars and lots of mines everywhere).    Issue was I was moving infrastructure and Terraforming machines from Luna to Mars and part way through one cargo task group hit my conditional order to refuel at 30%.    After refuel, and I let them sit to reset morale, they will not load anything any more. 

I started a second game from conventional start and -just- got my cargo ships built.    Loaded about 800 Infrastructure to the moon and wanted to load up an incoming comet.  .  .   and it won't let me load the mass driver (I have 10 built and ready to move). 

Looking for suggestions, all cargo ships prove they work (built to same design, so I know the second game's should be able to load Mass Driver).    Secondarily, it would be nice if they game said WHY it didn't want to load the ship. 

Edit: Thanks MarkAFK, that was it (I figured it out and was coming to delete. . .  but not fast enough).
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 11:31:02 PM by Threndor »

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2016, 09:31:07 PM »
Commonly people have this problem if the ship isn't actually empty, try unloading all installations first.
You should be able to see the cargo holds contents on the ship window.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

The following users thanked this post: Threndor

Offline Tssha

• Petty Officer
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2016, 10:52:29 PM »
From the Industry/Population/Research screen if I accidentally click on the solar system name it locks up & crashes my entire game.

Would you be able to chuck in some specific error handling to cover such events?
When I click it, it brings up the System Generation and Display window (a.k.a. System View) for that system.

Are you sure you're not having a problem with that window? Try clicking it on the F3 System Map window. It's the sun icon on the toolbar.

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2016, 01:45:44 AM »
Can anyone check the SM option 'All research' from the economics window. On my end it either hangs or takes way to long to finish. I run it 3 times with 5000001, didn't finish once, although I was running other things in the background and watching a movie.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2016, 01:54:55 AM »
Can anyone check the SM option 'All research' from the economics window. On my end it either hangs or takes way to long to finish. I run it 3 times with 5000001, didn't finish once, although I was running other things in the background and watching a movie.
Works ok for me, takes about a minute to get everything. And I have a very slow PC.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline IsHamTasty

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • I
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2016, 12:46:32 PM »
Ok, I am very new to the game (like 1 hour in at most) but i have been watching a youtube playthrough so I know a little.  Anyways, when I am in the game and I open up the commanders Screen I cant see the very bottom of it.  So i cant a point a commander of earth lets say.  I am on a laptop so i dont know if thats just what happens on laptops.  All the other screens are fine, just the commanders one is cut off on the bottom.  If someone knows how to fix that it would help.

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #101 on: January 14, 2016, 01:15:17 PM »
when I am in the game and I open up the commanders Screen I cant see the very bottom of it.
Not a bug. See system requirement, or try to use reduced height windows.

Works ok for me, takes about a minute to get everything. And I have a very slow PC.
It said that patience is a virtue, apparently I need to exercise it more...

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #102 on: January 14, 2016, 04:24:27 PM »
Not sure if this is a bug, but you can have half a missile engine.

Offline TREpicgaming

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2016, 09:26:28 AM »
I dont know if its just me but when i click on my colonies in the summary screen it does nothing and blanks out.

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2016, 09:42:47 AM »
In my latest 7.1 game I decided to rename each system found with my own one word names instead of the sometimes 3 word names given automatically .

However every time I rename a system found by my Grav Survey vessels I get the following pop-up error message :-
Error in update system name
Error 5 was generated by Aurora
Invalid procedure call or argument

I can cancel this message , continue and the system will be renamed but why should the error message occur and can it be corrected ?

DavidR