Author Topic: How do you make a ground survey team in C# Aurora?  (Read 1988 times)

Offline Foolcow (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • F
How do you make a ground survey team in C# Aurora?
« on: October 03, 2021, 01:13:08 PM »
I know that in VB there was a "Teams" tab on the F2 window, but it isn't there any more.  Can somebody point me to the right information on how ground survey works now?

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral

The following users thanked this post: Foolcow

Offline mtm84

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • m
Re: How do you make a ground survey team in C# Aurora?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 01:35:17 PM »
You make a ground unit with the right equipment, as shown here: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?topic=8495.msg107705#msg107705

Offline ArcWolf

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 01:37:08 PM »
... Dang you guys beat me to it... anyways.

A few tips: the most efficient Geosurey unit is one with 2 geosurvey modules. I personally build my Geo-Survey "battalion" to be 10,000 Tons using 45 Geosurvey Vehicles, this gives you a default 9 Geo Survey Points per day for the unit.

You use the same process to make Construction units and Xeno-archeology units.

Offline Agraelgrimm

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 05:55:37 PM »

A few tips: the most efficient Geosurey unit is one with 2 geosurvey modules. I personally build my Geo-Survey "battalion" to be 10,000 Tons using 45 Geosurvey Vehicles, this gives you a default 9 Geo Survey Points per day for the unit.

Is there any benefit of making a Geosurvey battalion with Xeco-Archeology and some Construction units? I was thinking of making a do it all, maybe 15k tons Battalion to just be on call in any of the big exploration Squadrons. That with a couple of Marine Companies, just in case.
So, is it somewhat worth it or just a waste?

Offline ArcWolf

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2021, 07:25:41 PM »

Is there any benefit of making a Geosurvey battalion with Xeco-Archeology and some Construction units? I was thinking of making a do it all, maybe 15k tons Battalion to just be on call in any of the big exploration Squadrons. That with a couple of Marine Companies, just in case.

not really, since the construction vehicles cant start working until after the xeno team is done, and once the xeno team is done there is nothing else for them to do on the planet. If you have a 15k ton battalion with 7.5k of each, you will be essentially 'wasting' 7.5k tons of potential.

I would recommend keeping them separate, this way you can move the xeno team to a new planet to start excavating while the construction team is recovering on the first planet.

Offline Agraelgrimm

• Lieutenant
  • A
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2021, 10:14:26 PM »

not really, since the construction vehicles cant start working until after the xeno team is done, and once the xeno team is done there is nothing else for them to do on the planet. If you have a 15k ton battalion with 7.5k of each, you will be essentially 'wasting' 7.5k tons of potential.

I would recommend keeping them separate, this way you can move the xeno team to a new planet to start excavating while the construction team is recovering on the first planet.
But that would mean more dreadful micro... Would they function one after the other is done with their jobs or would i have to put them in a specific order or wouldnt they work at all? I would really like to cut the micromanagement i have to make to the maximum amount possible. This game is all about micro and that in itself is tiresome already, having to move team after team and then halt the whole expedition or move without them and have to make notes to remember myself to do all that would be too much drain and stress.

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2021, 11:45:31 PM »
But that would mean more dreadful micro... Would they function one after the other is done with their jobs or would i have to put them in a specific order or wouldnt they work at all? I would really like to cut the micromanagement i have to make to the maximum amount possible. This game is all about micro and that in itself is tiresome already, having to move team after team and then halt the whole expedition or move without them and have to make notes to remember myself to do all that would be too much drain and stress.

They will work, just at 1/2 or 1/3 efficiency (depending if you also add GEO to the mix) which for xeno can often be a long bottleneck on exploitation of ruins/constructs.

So if shuffling a couple of transports around once every few years on average is genuinely too much micro then yes you can use a mixed XEN/CON(/GEO) formation and it will work okay.