Author Topic: Comments Thread  (Read 7521 times)

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Comments Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2020, 06:35:25 PM »
Do the awards allow for clusters/multiple issuance? While it wouldn't necessarily make sense for some of the conditions, I could definitely get behind awarding a pip for each hostile ship killed.

If you look at the most recent screenshots, it appears you can award multiple instances of the ribbon. It hasn't been said if it just shows up as an additional medal on the display or if there is a pip/cluster/number like US military awards.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2020, 04:20:38 AM »
Do the awards allow for clusters/multiple issuance? While it wouldn't necessarily make sense for some of the conditions, I could definitely get behind awarding a pip for each hostile ship killed.

If you look at the most recent screenshots, it appears you can award multiple instances of the ribbon. It hasn't been said if it just shows up as an additional medal on the display or if there is a pip/cluster/number like US military awards.

Medals can be flagged as 'Multiple Awards Allowed'. If you get two, they appear as two ribbons.

The following users thanked this post: Kristover, BigBacon

Offline Kristover

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • K
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2020, 09:24:03 AM »
I like the fact that ships now track 'achievements'  - NOT A SUGGESTION for the next release but the achievements lends themselves to 'ship/unit streamers' and honors which could be afforded to particularly noted units/ships.  I know I'll likely add manual notes to ships RP wise to construct lineage for ships and ground units.

Offline Hydrofoil

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • H
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2020, 04:04:28 AM »
Im guessing this isnt getting updated past the initial setup? or am i missing where the AAR is being posted?

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2020, 04:08:25 AM »
This got too complex for a testing campaign, especially as Steve wanted to test the new diplomacy model, so it never went anywhere. Steve might return here once C# is out.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2020, 05:13:36 AM »
This got too complex for a testing campaign, especially as Steve wanted to test the new diplomacy model, so it never went anywhere. Steve might return here once C# is out.

Yes, that's correct.

Offline HighTemplar

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • H
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2020, 06:48:46 AM »

Diplomacy? You mean that some people don't simply nuke every alien they find back into the stone age. How strange.