Author Topic: supply ship eating supplies  (Read 1340 times)

Offline LoSboccacc (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
supply ship eating supplies
« on: September 27, 2011, 01:05:50 PM »
so, I just wanted to make a supply ship with a sorium harvester that has enormous maintenance bays and fuel tank, a ship that I could put on a system while survey ship does their thing.

trouble is, when I add the maintenance bay to the ship, the ship became a military wessel and starts eating up all my supplies the commercial jump drive, the commercial engine, the harvester... all of them requires lot of maintenance when the ship became military!

is there a way to bring supplies to those gravitational survey vessels without the supply cargo eating up the precious stuff?

Offline Ashery

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • A
Re: supply ship eating supplies
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 01:41:10 PM »
Engineering spaces store a small/modest amount of maintenance supplies for commercial ships, but be weary that the higher your maintenance clock gets, the more frequent breakdowns will be. So even if you have a supply ship with an infinite supply of fuel/maintenance supplies, you'll still want to periodically bring them back home for an overhaul.

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 05:22:55 PM »
Instead of using the maintenance bay use the standard engineering bay.  You will just have a huge number of them, and they won't cary quite as much total maintenance.  The ship will however be commercial not military so that will help overall.

Brian

Offline LoSboccacc (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 02:45:23 AM »
thank you, I did just that.

the ship is already huge from the sorium harvestesr, so two/three hundred of engineering bays are not a problem.

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 10:20:40 PM »
Its usually not a good idea to put huge items like sorium harvesters into military vessels. The supplies to fix them is costly in the long term.