Author Topic: Missile Detection interrupt  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Resident Evil (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • R
Missile Detection interrupt
« on: March 25, 2019, 06:57:27 AM »
Hi.

Is there a way to disable the 'New Missile Detection' interrupt temporarily?

I have a missile salvo on the way to the target, who is spamming missiles at me at 5 second intervals. My salvo has sensors, and is detecting each new salvo it passes, which is causing the interrupt. I would like a way around this without using the auto-turn with minimum number of increments set. This is what I'm using atm, but I don't like 'cause it makes me feel like I've lost control of the ability to respond if anything else happens. edit::  It also doesn't really fix the problem I'm finding. The interrupt still happens but the game just auto-turns after each detection. It'd be nice to have a way for my salvo to just glide nicely past all these other salvo's without interrupting the game flow.

Any ideas??

ZG
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 07:03:18 AM by Resident Evil »

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Missile Detection interrupt
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 07:33:34 AM »
That might be a nice addition to the game. Theres a few interrupts that should be configurable, if not all of them.
Sadly changing that would require opening up the database and messing around with something in there.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

• R
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 07:39:05 AM »
Oh....okay. So it can't be done atm.

I fixed it sort of - sent some fighters off at 90 degrees and lobbed some missiles at it from another direction, so I didn't get the interrupts; and blew the sucker up  ;D

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 07:45:15 AM »
Oh it can be done with MSaccess and the database password. Theres stuff in there that can break your game if you mess with it, but changing interrupts should be fine. It's password protected though.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

• R
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 11:30:05 AM »
Ah...sorry. Yes I understand, you need to mess with the database.

What I meant was there's no check box buried away on one of the mass of screens somewhere.

ZG