Author Topic: Retooling Shipyards  (Read 1879 times)

Offline jedi72it (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • j
Retooling Shipyards
« on: July 08, 2012, 04:44:14 AM »
Hi all, i am new to this fantastic game (i am sure Asimov himself would enjoy playing, planning, and dreaming on this ehe. . . so, thanks a lot Steve and all the supporters here).

On topic now:

i would like to know if the retooling cost, for a shipyard, is affected  only by the dimension of the ship, or also by the amount of slipways and ton capacity of the shipyard itself (meaning, retooling a bigger shipyard costs much more "per se").

Thanks for your kind feedback. .

Offline jedi72it (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • j
Re: Retooling Shipyards
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 06:25:13 AM »
Found what i was looking for:

from the Tutorial pages
Retool for Selected Class: The class selected for retooling is chosen from the adjacent ship class dropdown.  Only classes that are small enough to fit within the shipyard's capacity can be selected.  This task costs 0. 5x of the ship class build cost plus 0. 25x ship class build cost per slipway.  So if a shipyard with two slipways wanted to start building a class that cost 800 BP, the cost to retool would be 800 x (0. 5+0. 25+0. 25) = 800 BP.  If there were four slipways, the cost would be 800 x (0. 5+(0. 25x4)) = 1200 BP.  Mineral use is based on the minerals used in the class. 

Problem solved. . .