Author Topic: Error 48: failed to load .dll  (Read 2414 times)

Offline Dohon (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
Error 48: failed to load .dll
« on: April 18, 2011, 03:26:23 AM »
Greetings all,

Just wanna start of by saying that I did do a search of the forums, but couldn't find anything regarding an error 48.  My apologies if it has been mentioned.

I installed Aurora and the latest patch.  No problems installing, but once I want to create a new universe, I get an "error 48, failed to load . dll".  I can enter the "create a new universe" screen and once I hit the create game button, it does give me the "game created, will now create NPR" window.  But right after that, it gives me the 48 error.  I can load the default scenario ("Space Race") without a problem (I can see the taskbar, the economic screens, . . .  I can play that), but I can't create my own scenario.

I am running Windows 7, 32-bits.  Don't have any Microsoft Office, except for the OpenOffice suite.  But that isn't software made by "Old Bill".  :p

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Error 48: failed to load .dll
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 04:06:28 AM »
Greetings all,

Just wanna start of by saying that I did do a search of the forums, but couldn't find anything regarding an error 48.  My apologies if it has been mentioned.

I installed Aurora and the latest patch.  No problems installing, but once I want to create a new universe, I get an "error 48, failed to load . dll".  I can enter the "create a new universe" screen and once I hit the create game button, it does give me the "game created, will now create NPR" window.  But right after that, it gives me the 48 error.  I can load the default scenario ("Space Race") without a problem (I can see the taskbar, the economic screens, . . .  I can play that), but I can't create my own scenario.

I am running Windows 7, 32-bits.  Don't have any Microsoft Office, except for the OpenOffice suite.  But that isn't software made by "Old Bill".  :p

I don't recall anyone ever having this error before. It isn't an Aurora error message though, it is a Microsoft one. Your best option is probably to google the error message and see if anyone else has encountered it.

Steve

Offline Teiwaz

• Petty Officer
  • T
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 10:34:37 PM »
Was it MSSTDFMT.dll? I'm on Windows 7 and had to find a copy of that DLL online in order to get several screens in Aurora to work properly.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 09:44:34 AM »
This thread should have what you need.

http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,1828.0.html
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline VarekRaith

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • V
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 11:43:43 AM »
I had the same error.   Here's how to fix it.

In AuroraInstall491. zip you'll find aurora. CAB.

Take all the . dll files in there and place them in your main Aurora directory.

It should now be fixed.
 :)