Author Topic: Spiders  (Read 2386 times)

Offline timster480 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • t
Spiders
« on: August 29, 2011, 09:01:37 PM »
Simple request.  PLEASE REMOVE THE SPIDERS! Can't play this game with spiders in it, arachnaphobic.  :|

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
Re: Spiders
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 09:50:18 PM »
... spiders?

you mean these adorable little guys?

You can change the race image on the alien races screen.  To exterminate them utterly, find some other race pictures, and replace the spider pictures with those.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 10:00:15 PM by Thiosk »

Offline jRides

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • j
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 02:24:57 AM »
I deleted the entire contents of the folder and replaced them with treebiters collection - no Spiders so far.. :)

Treebiters race collection is stickied here: http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php/topic,2989.0.html

Offline timster480 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • t
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 01:32:15 PM »
Quote from: Thiosk link=topic=4020. msg39085#msg39085 date=1314672618
. . .  spiders?

you mean these adorable little guys?

You can change the race image on the alien races screen.   To exterminate them utterly, find some other race pictures, and replace the spider pictures with those.

I am extremely arachnophobic,not even looking at that pic. . . The second I looked in the races folder (which is the first thing i did before even starting the game) I saw the first spider and just got up and walked away, no way in hell would I go through and replace them all,that was the first thing I tried. . .

Quote from: jRides link=topic=4020. msg39095#msg39095 date=1314689097
I deleted the entire contents of the folder and replaced them with treebiters collection - no Spiders so far. .  :)

Treebiters race collection is stickied here: hxxp: aurora2. pentarch. org/index. php/topic,2989. 0. html

Thanks, I'l try that.

Offline Rawb

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • R
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 07:35:51 AM »
Whoa what?!

I am also extremely arachnophobic, I'm not even going to take the risk of looking at that picture. Can I remove them without looking at them at all? is it easy?

Offline Gidoran

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 07:36:11 AM »
Assuming you run windows, set the folder view of the one above it (Or the folder directly, I don't believe the spiders are front-loaded) to 'detail' view and search for them by name. I can't offer a suggestion for MacOS or Linux/Unix/Etc. Later today I'll try and go through to provide the names of the files that need replacing/removal and edit them in to this post if I remember + haven't been beaten to it.
"Orbital bombardment solves a myriad of issues permanently. This is sometimes undesirable."
- Secretary General Orlov of the Triumvirate of Venus

Offline Jacob/Lee

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2011, 06:35:50 PM »
Hopefully no centipede-men exist in the races folder. I shudder every time I see a centipede...

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2011, 03:45:58 AM »
That's the feeling aliens should invoke!  ;D

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2011, 02:19:29 PM »
Hopefully no centipede-men exist in the races folder. I shudder every time I see a centipede...
Guess you are lucky to have missed the Human Centipede livestream :P

Offline Marc420

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 01:36:42 PM »
I'm sure there's a therapist near you that can help with these issues.  ;)

If you happen to be near CO, I'm not a therapist, but back when I had a job I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express on many occasions. So, I'm broke, unemployed, and I can fake enough concern to ask you to describe your feelings toward spiders, to say 'hmmm' and 'interesting' regularly, and to then ask whether you think your feelings about your mother are secretly driving you and creating this irrational fear of our multi-leggedly challenged brothers and sisters ....... for a $100 an hour. :)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 01:38:37 PM by Marc420 »