Author Topic: More Tutorials?  (Read 2092 times)

Offline Troy Cash (OP)

• Leading Rate
More Tutorials?
« on: November 22, 2008, 09:25:03 AM »
I'm having no problems installing or anything else. Grabbed the 3.2 button but I'm not getting much beyond the basics.

Turned one planet into glowing rubble with pre-trans ICBM's but haven't managed much else, what are good settings in terms of basic tech knowledge, resources, system information etc.

The one I tried last night had so many items already (like 20 shipyards and 30 some odd slipways) that it was too much beyond what I needed to start out with too much to assign.

I'm thinking of the next one starting pre-trans with two competing civilizations.

Troy
Troy S. Cash
"Just Waiting for the Phase Change"

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: More Tutorials?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 11:38:36 AM »
I do plan on updating the tutorials for 3.2. Just need to squeeze the time in. If there is any particular subject you want to know about post it, and me, or someone else will be glad to help :)

I did see a tech tree someone had done once. I don't recall who, and I'm not sure if it's still here. If you did this tree, please post it again.

Offline Troy Cash (OP)

• Leading Rate
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 11:43:52 AM »
Mostly it's just a matter of seeing if I'm doing it right.  The first time I was able to Nuke the heck out of the rest of the planet. Last night I had 2-3 times the silos but nothing ever launched.

I was able to take over one country by another (the were roughly equal) in 1 month but had another country with 30+ troops of various sorts fight for 6 months vs a country with 3 sets and got no where.

So somewhere along the line I must be missing something or mis-interpreting something.  I'm going to keep playing with it, I like it, but right now I'm doing more work than i would for Starfire on paper. Maybe I'm just dense. :)

Troy
Troy S. Cash

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 11:46:26 AM »
Quote from: "troycash"
Mostly it's just a matter of seeing if I'm doing it right.  The first time I was able to Nuke the heck out of the rest of the planet. Last night I had 2-3 times the silos but nothing ever launched.
There were missiles in the silos and they had valid targets?

I was able to take over one country by another (the were roughly equal) in 1 month but had another country with 30+ troops of various sorts fight for 6 months vs a country with 3 sets and got no where.
I've not done much at all with ground combat. It could be just the "luck of the dice" as it were on your second battle.
So somewhere along the line I must be missing something or mis-interpreting something.  I'm going to keep playing with it, I like it, but right now I'm doing more work than i would for Starfire on paper. Maybe I'm just dense. :)

Troy

Offline Troy Cash (OP)

• Leading Rate
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 11:59:47 AM »

There were missiles in the silos and they had valid targets?

Yeah, that's what confused me, I was sure I did all the steps as I had done the first time but nothing.  I assigned the missiles, assigned a target empire and told it to launch and it said firing down in the bottom box but the targets pops never went down and the planet radioactive counts stayed the same.

I did start getting messages about needing more fuel for all the countries, but I had never gotten that for the first game even after they did launch and destroy everything.
Troy S. Cash

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 12:21:13 PM »
You might have been low on fuel. Well... obviously.

On the Industrial production tab of the Economics screen, lower right corner, you will see the Fuel Refinery selection. Make sure it's producing.

Also, industrial production is lowered by things like unrest, not enough workers, radiation, etc. Check the Summary tab for the production percentage. If it's not 100%, then there is a problem on your colony somewhere.