Author Topic: Reset ship name list?  (Read 1446 times)

Offline happy2pester (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • h
Reset ship name list?
« on: February 12, 2014, 12:32:36 PM »
I cycled through the name list for ship classes right to the end, looking for a good name.  Now every time I try to get one, it gives me a "no new name found" message and tells me to select a new racial theme - I've used barely any of the ship names, is there any way to reset that list of ship names to go back to the first one?

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: Reset ship name list?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 05:29:31 PM »
Perhaps try changing your theme, run an increment to update the database, then change back to your old theme again?
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Sematary

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 05:41:42 PM »
Perhaps try changing your theme, run an increment to update the database, then change back to your old theme again?
That doesn't work. I have had this problem before doing the same thing.

• Petty Officer
  • h
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 07:29:01 PM »
That sucks.  Additionally, is there any way to import a ship design into a new game? I have several standard designs that I reuse in all the games i've been starting, and I was wondering if there was anyway to not recreate the same gravitational survey vessel over and over. 

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 09:07:08 PM »
That sucks.  Additionally, is there any way to import a ship design into a new game? I have several standard designs that I reuse in all the games i've been starting, and I was wondering if there was anyway to not recreate the same gravitational survey vessel over and over. 
No, because the components may not always be exactly the same.

• Petty Officer
  • h
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 09:25:17 PM »
Ah yes, different research paths and all that, different engine builds and efficiencies. . .

I only discovered aurora last friday, so I'm still learning about what I can and can't do - my best game so far, I'd gotten offworld mining colonies on two of the nearest systems to sol, but ran out of fuel - wasn't mining enough Sorium at earth to convert and I didn't get my refineries around a gas giant quick enough.