Author Topic: Lost Homeworld, no Civilians?  (Read 2889 times)

Offline Malorn (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • M
Re: Lost Homeworld, no Civilians?
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2020, 08:18:09 AM »
Due to his new campaign, It seems that Steve will have to solve this bug soon...

At least in 1.12

True enough, but my guess is that I could have switched things over if I had done it BEFORE I lost the homeworld. At least, that's my random guess at it. Haven't tried that yet, but it would explain how it snuck in.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Lost Homeworld, no Civilians?
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2020, 08:07:08 AM »
Bit of an odd situation here. Because of how I set up my game, with many NPRs on earth, and myself with only a small presence there, I ended up losing control of earth entirely. This was fine, I saw it coming and had already moved everything offworld while my poor troops fought a rearguard action.

All well and good, at that point. But then I found something a bit odd. Suddenly my civilians stopping spawning...entirely. I effectively had no 'capital' to connect things to, and soon retreated completely outside of the Sol system. It's been 70 years since then...still no civilians. Am I missing an obvious button to create a new capital?

I have a planet with more then 3 billion population on it currently, and several other planets with over 300 million. Is this just something no one planned for?

I forgot the 'New Capital' button. I'll add for v1.12.

The following users thanked this post: QuakeIV, SpikeTheHobbitMage, Gabethebaldandbold, Landris, Gabrote42